Auction score

glhs837

Power with Control
Isn't it usually now adays to buy new rotors then to get the old ones turned?
I am no mechanic so I have know idea.

Due to China flooding the market with minimum quality new items, it's generally not worth a shops time to spend the man hours operating a machine like Gilligan picked up.

That right there is the reason why I've continually added equipment to my own shop over the years. Between my shop and a good buddy's shop in Compton, we've got every manner of automotive machine work covered now, with one remaining exception....we don't have a crank/engine balancer yet.

There's a guy over by Clarkes Mill road, I think it is, waterfront place, he basically has every damn thing there is in his garage. Been trying to sell his house for a while, old enough he might sell all that stuff off at some point.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Due to China flooding the market with minimum quality new items, it's generally not worth a shops time to spend the man hours operating a machine like Gilligan picked up.

There's a guy over by Clarkes Mill road, I think it is, waterfront place, he basically has every damn thing there is in his garage. Been trying to sell his house for a while, old enough he might sell all that stuff off at some point.

If you are referring to Pete Mesmer, he's already sold most of his equipment and my buddy bought his crank grinder a while ago. Pete used to own/operate AM & PM machine shop and did a lot of engine machine work for me back in the day.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sweet!

What part of the lathe required Corona?

Had a 86 Grand Wagoner, what a tank! Unfortunately it had the inline-six...

:yay:

that is odd AFAIK Grand Wagoner's only had the 360 ....
In yrs past I had a Cherokee Full Size 1983 [ last model yr ] Cherokees in 84 were XJ's my 83 had the 258
.... I drove that for almost 10 yrs, until it just blew to much oil out the rear main ... I was looking at a rusted body / Frame and a rebuild so I bought my 86 instead

stgislander

PREMO Member
...to the point where Bubby sells it again...for $25 :lol:

President Gude would create a program whereby folks like yourself are tasked with collecting, repairing, maintaining and putting back into service all manner of old school skill tools AND teaching youngsters how to use them and maintain them. Then, once up and running, we'd create an educational environment showing what has replaced these tools and why; pursuit of cheap over seas. Maybe we even teach kids to drink crap American beer instead of crap Mexican beer while we're at it.

We are losing national treasures in terms of both the tools and the skills. It ends upon my inauguration. :buddies:

We can't even teach Gilligan that!!! :lmao:

stgislander

PREMO Member

In yrs past I had a Cherokee Full Size 1983 [ last model yr ] Cherokees in 84 were XJ's my 83 had the 258
.... I drove that for almost 10 yrs, until it just blew to much oil out the rear main ... I was looking at a rusted body / Frame and a rebuild so I bought my 86 instead

I've got an AMC 360 if anybody's interested.

Agee

Not necessarily by choice but always ended-up with the inline 6's in all my jeeps, 85 CJ-7, 86 Waggy and Cherokee. All were notorious for rear main seal and valve cover leaks. The CJ and Wagoneer both had plastic valve covers?

Not necessarily by choice but always ended-up with the inline 6's in all my jeeps, 85 CJ-7, 86 Waggy and Cherokee. All were notorious for rear main seal and valve cover leaks. The CJ and Wagoneer both had plastic valve covers?

I had a '64 Wagoneer with the 360. Even back then it had rear seal issues. I remember one day I was out plowing and torsioned the whole chassis pretty good. Pushing the tranny over that hard left a huge oil blop on the ground from the rear seal.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:lol: A lot.

10,000 drips to a blop, 100 blops to a puddle, 10 puddles to a mess.

Up here near the Mason Dixon, a drip is an over night puddle. A blob is 'in about an hour or so' puddle. On concrete, it's ALL a mess. On gravel, it keeps the dust down. On grass it's less mowing. :buddies: