St. Mary's Co. Auto Mechanic Recommendations Near PAX

kjackson

I found some old threads with recommendations, but I thought I would request new intel regarding everyone's favorite auto mechanic shop in 2023. I'm hoping to find an honest and thorough outfit that's not upselling or charging over $100 for synthetic oil changes.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I found some old threads with recommendations, but I thought I would request new intel regarding everyone's favorite auto mechanic shop in 2023. I'm hoping to find an honest and thorough outfit that's not upselling or charging over $100 for synthetic oil changes.
I'm not sure where you are located, but I go to Hollywood Auto Tech and have been very happy with them. You reminded me to call and make an appointment with them.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Garages are always going to try the upsell. It's how they make their money and pay their techs. You're always allowed to say no to extra services.

I've been a mechanic and done my own work since I was 10, now almost 70, and it's just too much effort to do much of my own work anymore. It's really tough for me to find a mechanic I trust to do it the way it should be done. To that end, I've had very good luck with Tom Hodges. Not inexpensive by any means, but they do what you ask, tell you exactly what's going on, honest. But I don't mind paying a bit more knowing it will be done right, and they stand by their work.

3CATSAILOR

J&M Service Center
Address: 21557 Great Mills Rd, Lexington Park, MD 20653

Phone: (240) 237-8313

Joe Gould - Honest and excellent mechanic
I agree, he is honest and a "he" is an excellent mechanic if he does the work. However, I have five vehicles. Three of the five I had to take back because of something that wasn't done correctly. His labor is $120.00 an hour. I don't mind the labor cost if it is done right the first time, every time. I live a half hour away. Therefore, each time I have to take a car back, it is another hour out of my day going back and forth "again". Based on these unfortunate facts, I am in the process of looking for a more "reliable" mechanic myself.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Lloyd and family are very nice people!
And once again, they were great. I was there before 8 and was #2 in line. When they brought me in I asked them to please check the pressure on all my tires and pay close attention to the right rear because it had a super slow leak and gave him a can of fix a flat. 20 minutes later, it was still on the counter. When the boss man came back in the office, I asked if they needed it. He said no, they already found the problem and fixed it. Evidently, I had a nail in it. Earlier, one of the young men came in and asked about the bottle of RainX that was in the front seat and asked if I wanted that added, too. Yes please! The remainder was put back in my car to bring home.