baby bird

Pete

Repete
Thank you Pete for you kind comments.
Nice to see what you do to injured and orphaned wildlife!
But let me correct you...
It is illegal to posess wildlife with a permit.
You can look all you want....to to KEEP it and attempt to raise it, is illegal..
Understand?

Good!!!!

I do not limit myself to wildlife. I killed 3 kittens and 2 puppies just today. Tomorrow maybe a cow or a pig.

:jameo: :jameo::killingme

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Whew! I am so glad that the family of ravens that we have been feeding and breeding is legal! They are really do a good job attacking the eagles and hawks that try to eat my chickens.
Remember, it's only legal if you don't have a permit.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I loved watching a nest of baby catbirds that were nested in the doorway of a bar I used to work at...

Until a black snake got up there and ate them:frown:

Did I need a permit to rescue the sole survivor and take it to a birdie person? Or should I have let nature take its course?

I

Inkpen

I loved watching a nest of baby catbirds that were nested in the doorway of a bar I used to work at...

Until a black snake got up there and ate them:frown:

Did I need a permit to rescue the sole survivor and take it to a birdie person? Or should I have let nature take its course?

What do you think?

I

Inkpen

[/B]

no....duuuuh. (see I listen to you inky) :huggy:

It is not illegal to have wildife in you posession IF it is siin to be placed in the care of a vet or a lincensed caretaker.

It is about common sense!!
Dont go doing stuff that you are cluess to take care of.

The robin will be at a bird rescue by 12 noon and will grow up to be released back into the wild.

But, heck,you want to rehab,,have at it and ask sanchez about the dead crow...and I had nothing to do with it. died in her care.

dawn

It is not illegal to have wildife in you posession IF it is siin to be placed in the care of a vet or a lincensed caretaker.

It is about common sense!!
Dont go doing stuff that you are cluess to take care of.

The robin will be at a bird rescue by 12 noon and will grow up to be released back into the wild.

But, heck,you want to rehab,,have at it and ask sanchez about the dead crow...and I had nothing to do with it. died in her care.

Did her crow really die?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?

Animals die in the care of rehabbers too..sometimes it can not be helped...I do think they have MUCH MUCH better care in the rehabbers hands then most peeps...I personally have some knowledge and seem to do ok with my illegal stuff...not that I have time anymore...but I have found baby birds fallen from the barn..feed them and put them back in the barn (barn swallows are great for this) But I have seen some peeps turn in squirrels, opossums and coons etc that they look like shiat because jos schmoe does not know how to raise them...it is usually better for nature to take its course or to turn them into a rehab...if you work full time or even part..you cant do it..as Inky said it is a full time job..I have no illegals..just my animals and I cant work full time with what I have to care for..I know two rehabbers one local and one up the road..both are swamped..over worked and NOT paid...They do this because they love the amimals and it is alot of work..say what you want about INky I do not always agree with her but she does give alot out of her pocket and her own time..I do commend her for that...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Dawn...I LOVE that av..what a great pic of him....can you send me the linkie to the thread with his tail pic in it??

I

Inkpen

Animals die in the care of rehabbers too..sometimes it can not be helped...I do think they have MUCH MUCH better care in the rehabbers hands then most peeps...I personally have some knowledge and seem to do ok with my illegal stuff...not that I have time anymore...but I have found baby birds fallen from the barn..feed them and put them back in the barn (barn swallows are great for this) But I have seen some peeps turn in squirrels, opossums and coons etc that they look like shiat because jos schmoe does not know how to raise them...it is usually better for nature to take its course or to turn them into a rehab...if you work full time or even part..you cant do it..as Inky said it is a full time job..I have no illegals..just my animals and I cant work full time with what I have to care for..I know two rehabbers one local and one up the road..both are swamped..over worked and NOT paid...They do this because they love the amimals and it is alot of work..say what you want about INky I do not always agree with her but she does give alot out of her pocket and her own time..I do commend her for that...

:huggy:

thank you...and there was a time when it was not illegal to posess..but with the damage people did, the pets they made and the rabies scare,etc...the states had to do more to protect Smart animals from Stupid people from doing Stupid things to them....
Sadly stupid peeps outnumbered samrt peeps, (like Paso) who knew what they were doing and knew ther limits.

And we do not get paid for anything..we rely on what meager donations we are given and our own income to help these animals....
Even those that are 501(c)3's....still very expensive..
and today I spent 4 hours on the road to transport one robin to an expert...and it was over 200 miles....donations: zero. Cost for me..a tank of gas and 4 hours on the road....payoff...bird will be rehabbed and will be released in 2-3 more weeks...that is what it is all about.

By the time I get everyone clean fed and put to bed, do dishes and laundry, it will be around 2 am...and I start all over at 8 am.....