Baby Contests

sockgirl77

If there's a farting contest my son will win it. He farts so loud it put a grown man to shame. It's embarassing at times, though. hehe

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Pete said:
Don't take this the wrong way, I mean it in the nicest possible way but....

You are too stupid to be a parent.
:confused: Isn't stupidity how a lot of people become parents? :shrug:

disclaimer: this is not meant to be a reflection on sockgirl, or any other forumite. But if the shoe fits...

Pete

Repete
Dymphna said:
:confused: Isn't stupidity how a lot of people become parents? :shrug:

disclaimer: this is not meant to be a reflection on sockgirl, or any other forumite. But if the shoe fits...
I am sure by the time they hit fertility they know what causes it and how to prevent it so I suppose :ohwell:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Pete said:
:yay: You are right. First you come here asking about a band that you have never actually heard, but a :blah: then make a user name for a 3 month old. Then after a whopping 3 days on a forum you are asking stupid questions like " i am right in thinking that there can't be any harm b/c he's only 3 months old, right?" :rolleyes: He is 3 months old, he doesn't remember what he was doing 30 seconds ago or have any idea what the world is beyond the baby carrier, HTF could it be harmful? If you feel the need to trod your kid up across a stage to show off what a miricle you squeezed out for your own ego just freaking do it, his ego hasn't developed yet he wont even know where he is nor will he care.

I think that it is harsh for you to call her too stupid to be a parent when you have no idea what kind of parent she really is. You have no basis to call her stupid based on a few posts in a couple of days. Just because she wants to put her baby in a contest does not make her a bad parent or stupid. She takes care of her son and does it well. As a first time mom, you can't know everything and always make the right decisions. I think she is doing the best she can. I think you were a little harsh here.

sockgirl77

jeneisen said:
I think that it is harsh for you to call her too stupid to be a parent when you have no idea what kind of parent she really is. You have no basis to call her stupid based on a few posts in a couple of days. Just because she wants to put her baby in a contest does not make her a bad parent or stupid. She takes care of her son and does it well. As a first time mom, you can't know everything and always make the right decisions. I think she is doing the best she can. I think you were a little harsh here.
thanks. :banana:

K

Kain99

jeneisen said:
I think that it is harsh for you to call her too stupid to be a parent when you have no idea what kind of parent she really is. You have no basis to call her stupid based on a few posts in a couple of days..
Then he can call me stupid.... My kid sure did! She pranced home a few weeks ago and announced that the school counselor was going to nominate her for "Queen of Tolerance" In classic Kain fashion, I busted out laughing and said OMG I sure hope you don't have to be tolerant!

Anyway to make a long story short... I am "mega anal and stupid."

Needless to say, Princess won't be running for Queen this year. :lol:

FirstClass

I have put my daughter in for the past 2 years, the first year she got first place it was $10 dollars a trophy and a ribben last year she got 3rd, $3 dollars and a ribbon, not sure if I will be putting her in this year or not.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
FirstClass said:
I have put my daughter in for the past 2 years,
Why? And I'm not trying to be smart here, I'm truly wondering why anyone would put their baby in a beauty contest. Especially one where they're not going to get any money or anything.

Elle

Happy Camper!
vraiblonde said:
Why? And I'm not trying to be smart here, I'm truly wondering why anyone would put their baby in a beauty contest. Especially one where they're not going to get any money or anything.
Pride, just to show off the kid, hey look at me:shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
tys_mommy said:
Pride, just to show off the kid, hey look at me:shrug:
I entered my daughter when she was a baby, but she didn't win. No biggie. I have never done it again. She tends to draw enough attention on her own because she is a stunning beauty.

:diva:

Bogart

FirstClass said:
I have put my daughter in for the past 2 years, the first year she got first place it was $10 dollars a trophy and a ribben last year she got 3rd, $3 dollars and a ribbon, not sure if I will be putting her in this year or not.
Did she get uglier or less charming or something?