Baby Showers

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
How do you "gracefully" refuse to host a baby shower for a co-worker? I don't mind attending a shower, but I've been asked to have it at my home, organize it, etc. I'm not interested.

Pete

Repete
BS Gal said:
How do you "gracefully" refuse to host a baby shower for a co-worker? I don't mind attending a shower, but I've been asked to have it at my home, organize it, etc. I'm not interested.
Tell them "I would but that night is Pagan night and we are sacrificing a goat on the altar in my living room."

BS Gal said:

Tell them you are having renovation of some sort done and you don't feel your house wouldn't be presentable at that time. Or just say my house isn't big enough to accomodate that many people.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
BS Gal said:
When in the hell have you ever been at a loss for words. You're going out of town that week, remember? :buttkick:

D

dems4me

BS Gal said:

Suggest you would love to help buy your inlaws will be in town that weekend. If it were somewhere else you may be able to break away for a little bit to attend... but hosting it at your house is out of the question. :smile:

I

Inkpen

BS Gal said:

Tell them no.
If that fails, tell them you are working on a making baby in your shower.
If that fails, invite them over for a making baby shower...and tell them to bring whips and whip cream.
If that fails, be honest and tell them your 24 dogs will be inside and there is no room for a party.
If that fails, just say NO and walk away... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Hopefully they will refuse and ask someone else to host the party.

BTW: Why can't the co-worker host it?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
workin hard said:
Tell them you are having renovation of some sort done and you don't feel your house wouldn't be presentable at that time. Or just say my house isn't big enough to accomodate that many people.

They know my house is big enough. I'm leaning towards the goat sacrificing excuse. If I use that, they won't even ask me to attend.

D

dems4me

BS Gal said:
They know my house is big enough. I'm leaning towards the goat sacrificing excuse. If I use that, they won't even ask me to attend.

I like goats :frown:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
You are over 50. You don't have to make excuses. Tell her you work a full time job and you don't really feel like doing it. :yay:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
You are over 50. You don't have to make excuses. Tell her you work a full time job and you don't really feel like doing it. :yay:
Good answer! :clap:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Tell her your sorry but you and hubby are already hosting the drunken orgy at your home that night. Tell them they can come and byob

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
cattitude said:
:buttkick: I am NOT over 50. I'm close to it, but not over that hill yet.

I have a hard time saying no sometimes. I'd rather be honest than get caught up in a lie, though.......

I'm still liking the goat thing. :lmao:

cattitude said:

I agree. Why lie? Just tell them no, you don't want to do it. :shrug: