backyard shooting range

officeguy

I always sprinkle some bullets in with my Wheaties every morning. Doesn't seem to have affected me.

A couple of lead pellets in a pheasant breast or a wild hare don't cause measurable blood lead levels.

Typesetters and roofers who worked with metallic lead 6 days/week used to have elevated lead levels.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

:killingme You are in the running for today's Internets Winner.

Sappy ate way too many of these too...I'm betting..back when they still had lead flavoring

paint chips.jpg

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Typesetters and roofers who worked with metallic lead 6 days/week used to have elevated lead levels.

And that's generally caused by poor hygiene buy not washing well before eating.
Working with lead under normal conditions is not a huge problem unless you consume it or you heat it until it vaporizes and you inhale it.
Scrub well and wash the clothes you were working in...

officeguy

And that's generally caused by poor hygiene buy not washing well before eating.
Working with lead under normal conditions is not a huge problem unless you consume it or you heat it until it vaporizes and you inhale it.
Scrub well and wash the clothes you were working in...

Correct. Their main exposure was from inhaling vapor while casting and from eating with lead and lead oxide covered fingers. Gloves, good ventilation and washing your hands with cold water and soap and you can work with ammo or tin soldiers all day without bumping your lead levels. Oh, and keep work clothes separate from your kids clothes.

black dog

Free America
Correct. Their main exposure was from inhaling vapor while casting and from eating with lead and lead oxide covered fingers. Gloves, good ventilation and washing your hands with cold water and soap and you can work with ammo or tin soldiers all day without bumping your lead levels. Oh, and keep work clothes separate from your kids clothes.

Yes to most,, Generally with normal lead alloy and pure lead casting temperatures are 650 to 800°.
If I remember pure lead doesn't vaporize until 1700+° .