Bad Moments in Cinematic History

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
See, here's the problem with The Outsiders movie:

I was 20, a wife and mother, when that movie came out. So I wasn't into salivating over the Brat Pack. Other than seeing how Leif Garrett was holding up, the only time I really paid attention was when Buck Merrill (Tom Waits) made his brief appearance. :hot:

He was in that movie? I don't remember that...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
camily said:
I swear, you're killing me here. Yes, he was in the movie.

I honestly don't remember him in that movie... but it has been years since I saw it. :lol:

camily

Peace
vraiblonde said:
He was the head Soc - the one that gets killed in the park by Johnny.
Yes, when the blood covers the water in the underwater scene. Ok, maybe you have a point Vrai. :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know what's weird? I just looked up The Outsiders book to see when it was published - it came out in 1967, so it was already several years old by the time I read it.

vraiblonde said:
You know what's weird? I just looked up The Outsiders book to see when it was published - it came out in 1967, so it was already several years old by the time I read it.
I was published in 1967 too...:cartwheel

I love, love, love all the oldies tough guy movies... "The Outsiders" , "the Wanderers" "The Lords of Flatbush" :yay: :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:lol:

Middle daughter got "The Warriors" after seeing it on "I Love the 70s". We about died laughing!

:roflmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
:lol:

Middle daughter got "The Warriors" after seeing it on "I Love the 70s". We about died laughing!

:roflmao:

Warriors... come out and playyyyeeeaaa... :lmao:

fttrsbeerwench

The warriors always freaked me out... It was too corny to be West Side Story and too stupid to be Mad Max. It reminds me of Escape from NewYork.. And we all know a Kurt Russell movie is as cerebral and enteraining as spitting on matches.
(with the exception of Overboard)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
fttrsbeerwench said:
And we all know a Kurt Russell movie is as cerebral and enteraining as spitting on matches.
(with the exception of Overboard)
Big Trouble in Little China :yay:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
One of the all time cringe fests has to be "Armageddon". Even though I do have it on tape (yep VHS baybee) and watch some of it every time it comes on, it is still a dopey movie. The dopiest scene is when the pilot of the shuttle walks up to Liv Tyler and says, "Can I shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I have ever met?" How many takes did they go through before they got that one right? :lmao:

fttrsbeerwench

vraiblonde said:
Big Trouble in Little China :yay:

Ok , that one was pretty funny.:lol: You gotta love his atttempt at John Wayne/ Dirt Harry/ Humphrey Bogart, even if it's a little muddled. :lmao:

Maybe even a little Rhet Butler? :confused: