Bad Mouth for Tony

Otter

Nothing to see here
Dupontster said:
They really put the bad mouth on Old Tony Boy here...I don't think JENNA FRYER thinks too much of Tony...

5 yrs ago, none of this media talk would be going on. Hell, 10 yrs ago, Tony would have been one of the tamer drivers out there. As NASCAR becomes more and more PC, I become less and less of a fan.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
otter said:
5 yrs ago, none of this media talk would be going on. Hell, 10 yrs ago, Tony would have been one of the tamer drivers out there. As NASCAR becomes more and more PC, I become less and less of a fan.

I have been following it for over 30 years (Old guy) and I feel exactly the same way...

Nanny Pam

".....But his messages are so mixed that he's struggling to keep his audience."

Well to me, thats :bs:

I'm there, front and center, waiting to feast my eyes on his 'portly' bod! :drool:
If only I were younger. :ohwell:

besides...I like that mountain man look! :lol:

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Nanny Pam said:
".....But his messages are so mixed that he's struggling to keep his audience."

Well to me, thats :bs:

I'm there, front and center, waiting to feast my eyes on his 'portly' bod! :drool:
If only I were younger. :ohwell:

besides...I like that mountain man look! :lol:
:dude: :yeahthat:

donbarzini

Last night on Speed, K Wallace and J Spencer concurred that Stewart is the closest thing Nascar has now to #3. And they said it in a good way. And I am happy to agree with them. I will never forget the sight of Stewart spinning Truex out when Truex was effin' with the "rainbow" warrior. He didn't do it to stick up for Jeffy. He did it cause Truex was doing it right in front of him and was liable to take him and 25 others in the process. You know The Intimidator was looking down and smiling his approval.

Pete

Repete
donbarzini said:
Last night on Speed, K Wallace and J Spencer concurred that Stewart is the closest thing Nascar has now to #3. And they said it in a good way. And I am happy to agree with them. I will never forget the sight of Stewart spinning Truex out when Truex was effin' with the "rainbow" warrior. He didn't do it to stick up for Jeffy. He did it cause Truex was doing it right in front of him and was liable to take him and 25 others in the process. You know The Intimidator was looking down and smiling his approval.
But wasn't Stewart effing with Bowyer and took out Edwards?

I don't mind the rivalries, the bumping, the love taps, but I think everyone loses sight of just how freaking dangerous it is to be traveling 200mph and hit a stationary object even a glancing blow, even with safer barriers. Lest we forget Adam Petty, Kenny Irwin, Neil Bonnet and Dale Earnhardt are all dead and Ernie Irvin, Steve Park, Jerry Nadaeu are screwed up for life.

Some common sense has to come into play. Bang someone at Martinsville fine, bump them under caution..cool, give them a rub..ok with that, but turning someone hard at a super speedway in a pack of cars because you are pizzed is just plain wrong. WTF kind of excuse is Steward going to say if he has a tantrum and turns someone and they take a header into the wall and he kills them or effs them up for life by making them a vegetable? Give and take :blahblah: Needs to learn respect :blahblah: Sure noone has died in the last few years but that does not change physics I know my ass was puckering when Stewart got miffed with Kenseth and blatantly turned down on him sending him ping ponging through heavy traffic a few weeks ago.

Think about it from the owners stand point too. How would you feel having your $250,000 car destroyed as an innocent bystander caught up in someone else's tantrum?

If Stewart wants to be the bull of the woods that's fine with me too, turn them after the race, crawl out of the car after the race and go over and punch them in the melon man to man ala Jimmy Spencer.

Mikeinsmd

Pete said:
But wasn't Stewart effing with Bowyer and took out Edwards?

I don't mind the rivalries, the bumping, the love taps, but I think everyone loses sight of just how freaking dangerous it is to be traveling 200mph and hit a stationary object even a glancing blow, even with safer barriers. Lest we forget Adam Petty, Kenny Irwin, Neil Bonnet and Dale Earnhardt are all dead and Ernie Irvin, Steve Park, Jerry Nadaeu are screwed up for life.

Some common sense has to come into play. Bang someone at Martinsville fine, bump them under caution..cool, give them a rub..ok with that, but turning someone hard at a super speedway in a pack of cars because you are pizzed is just plain wrong. WTF kind of excuse is Steward going to say if he has a tantrum and turns someone and they take a header into the wall and he kills them or effs them up for life by making them a vegetable? Give and take :blahblah: Needs to learn respect :blahblah: Sure noone has died in the last few years but that does not change physics I know my ass was puckering when Stewart got miffed with Kenseth and blatantly turned down on him sending him ping ponging through heavy traffic a few weeks ago.

Think about it from the owners stand point too. How would you feel having your $250,000 car destroyed as an innocent bystander caught up in someone else's tantrum?

If Stewart wants to be the bull of the woods that's fine with me too, turn them after the race, crawl out of the car after the race and go over and punch them in the melon man to man ala Jimmy Spencer.
No, he wasn't effing with Boyer. Boyer pushed him into the wall and TS retaliated. It was a stupid move on TS's part. I knew Nascar was going to penalize him soon as it happened. UFB that he raced back to a top 10 finish. Now Edwards spinning him on pit road was stupid. Cost Carl a decent finish in the race. Jesus effing Christ, they had just held Tony a lap for that crap then Carl does the same thing...
Carl, here's your sign.--> :stupid:

I'm not going to be happy if TS becomes like Dale Sr. Dale could dish it out but he couldn't take it.

$250,000.00 car??? :lmao: That'll only buy you 1/4 of a car.

Mikeinsmd

Dupontster said:
They really put the bad mouth on Old Tony Boy here...I don't think JENNA FRYER thinks too much of Tony...
Not a bad article but she needs to learn a 2 car crash is not a chain reaction... :killingme

She has the steaming undies for Edwards.... :lmao:

Pete

Repete
Mikeinsmd said:
No, he wasn't effing with Boyer. Boyer pushed him into the wall and TS retaliated. It was a stupid move on TS's part. I knew Nascar was going to penalize him soon as it happened. UFB that he raced back to a top 10 finish. Now Edwards spinning him on pit road was stupid. Cost Carl a decent finish in the race. Jesus effing Christ, they had just held Tony a lap for that crap then Carl does the same thing...
Carl, here's your sign.--> :stupid:

I'm not going to be happy if TS becomes like Dale Sr. Dale could dish it out but he couldn't take it.

$250,000.00 car??? :lmao: That'll only buy you 1/4 of a car.
Bullshiat, Boyer was racing him and drifted up but he still had room. Either way crowd him or not Boyer did not intend to do it. Every lap of every race for the last 50 years cars bump, brush and rub and in those tens of thousands of instances 99.9% of the drivers don't kirk out shake their fist and purposely send someone pin balling through heavy traffic endangering other drivers after all Earnhardt said "rubbin is racin". Turning right that hard in front of him was beyond stupid just like the other times he has done it.

As far as Edwards turning him on pit road Edwards day was shot already. He was down a lap with a mangled car, he didn't have a chance in hell of getting his lap back and racing back to a top 10 finish. His only err was being an innocent bystander to Stewart's tantrum. Turning Stewart was wrong but at least he didn't send his careening through the Field at 200mph. Edwards had nothing really to lose by sitting on pit road a lap and serving his penalty.

As far as Stewart being like Earnhardt dishing and not taking I think he is already there.

Oh and if you think a Cup car costs $1,000,000 I have a slightly used riding lawn mower to sell for the totally reasonable price of $10,000, a real deal :killingme

Nascar.com said:
Now assume that a crash in which a car is totaled costs a team $250,000 in real value, and then count how many cars are crashed heavily, and you'll have an idea how much it costs to fix a mistake.
Link http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/business/06/16/cost_crash/index.html

Foxsports said:
*From the ground up, including the engine, a race-ready Nextel Cup car costs about $125,000 to build:

Car - $70,000
Engine - $40,000
Labor - $15,000
Link http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/3489526

Last edited:

Terps

Dupontster said:
I have been following it for over 30 years (Old guy) and I feel exactly the same way...

I am a new nascar fan and everyone who is a long time fan says that. Seems like NASCAR is becoming run or persuaded too much by money, bigger tracks and sponsorships. While i am a fan, i wish i could have seen NASCAR a few years ago when they were more traditional. I hope NASCAR will keep some tradition and not cave to every new race track that is built.....Kentucky Speedway. :tantrum

Pete

Repete
Tony Stewart said:
"I'm taking 100 percent responsibility for the final incident that occurred on lap 32 between myself, the 07 [Bowyer] and the 99 [Edwards]. It was totally my fault.

"At the same time, there were circumstances that led up to that wreck, and after talking with Clint [on Monday] morning, we both have a better understanding as to what happened. He was trying to get out of my way and didn't realize that I had gone to the outside. He thought I was to his inside, and when he tried to give me some room, he slid into us and it put us into the outside wall. I reacted, causing the wreck that I take responsibility for and regret."

Wonder if Tony will be willing to give the 99 some driver points since he all but eliminated him from the chase with the tantrum that he "regrets".

Mikeinsmd

ClosetNascarFreak said:
Oh and if you think a Cup car costs $1,000,000 I have a slightly used riding lawn mower to sell for the totally reasonable price of $10,000, a real deal :killingme

Link http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/business/06/16/cost_crash/index.html

Link http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/3489526
Touche~ I'm not giving you $10K for a mower I'll probably flip and total the first time I ride it. :lmao:

I agree, Tony was wrong but it was as I stated, Clint pushed em up into the wall (accidently). I took your post to mean TS was effing with Boyer all over the track. Clint thought TS was passing him low when in fact he was high. Either way, TS was wrong and needs to chill out.

He's my guy but I'll admit when he's screwing up and right now he's a big ole hypocrite. :boo:

Last edited: