Banks Hacked

HotPinkChicken

Does anyone have any info on banks being down today. SunTrust and PNC are BOTH down. You can't use your cards, and when you call customer service they say the system is down.

dave1959

Used my PNC at the store and was online this morning.... Maybe it's you.. Do you have any money ??

HotPinkChicken

Yes, plenty. I tried to pay online bills this morning and go to a store, but no go. It's mine and another's different bank. When I called the back, they said they were down.

Escalade14

Go Rams!
For those of you who used debit cards and were declined, you better check your bank accounts if you can. Suntrust posted on their facebook page about the decline problem and had a barrage of comments, some saying their cards were declined but the money was taken out anyway. It may be the same outcome with other banks as well.

Last edited:

GopherM

Darwin was right
Looks like Wells Fargo was also affected. I had a online credit card charge denied and my account is paid in full. I called to find out what was going on and they told me that their banking system had gone down and they had only gotten it back up at around 11 AM eastern time.

TPD

the poor dad
As a retailer, I can tell you that all credit cards we tried processing this morning during the first couple hours we were open were denied through no fault of ours. We could not get in touch with our processor due to "heavy call volume". Just to verify that it was not an issue on our end, we called another local business who confirmed he was having the same issues. By the time I left the store at 11, things seemed to be back to normal.

This is why I still like and use cash - no electricity or internet needed!!!

Escalade14

Go Rams!
This is why I still like and use cash - no electricity or internet needed!!!

Cash is great to have on hand in times like this, but since it's the holidays, I don't think many people who go Christmas shopping would have hundreds in cash on hand.