Barge/crane in the river by SMCM?

ski357

They are laying rock on the bottom prior to placing more spat, as part of the expansion of the sanctuary. Really messed up the SAV, but maybe this will in the long term be a good thing.

glhs837

Power with Control
They are laying rock on the bottom prior to placing more spat, as part of the expansion of the sanctuary. Really messed up the SAV, but maybe this will in the long term be a good thing.

Took me a moment to remember what "spat" are. But whats SAV?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Took me a moment to remember what "spat" are. But whats SAV?
Interesting how the state selectively applies their SAV protections. Can destroy it for oyster bed construction....can't touch it for shoreline erosion projects, even ones they've (DNR) designed themselves.

ski357

Interesting how the state selectively applies their SAV protections. Can destroy it for oyster bed construction....can't touch it for shoreline erosion projects, even ones they've (DNR) designed themselves.

Apparently this was brought up during the comment period, which I unfortunately missed. MDE say one thing, DNR says another. Go figure. It was a banner year in the river though, got a citation speckled trout and several slot reds