Best commuter route from Laplata to Landover?

SamSpade

I have to start commuting three days week next month after being remote for the last two years due to the virus and am wondering if anyone knows the best commute variation to get from La plata to Landover.
Is your workplace in reasonable distance to the Landover Metro?
You may be able to take the commuter bus from LaPlata to a metro station and navigate from there.

Honestly, if I had a choice in arriving and leaving early, I'd just drive.

Lump

I second the exact route that Old Hillcrest Guy recommended. I drive from LaPlata to Landover regularly to visit Kaiser Permanente medical center (their planned facility in White Plains won't open until 2026). This route takes the same time, and is more relaxing and scenic than using the Beltway. (I go during mid-day. Don't know how it would be in rush-hour).
Sorry to change the subject on you.... I have Kaiser and am curious how you like the facility and the doctors at that location?

TV2693

Is your workplace in reasonable distance to the Landover Metro?
You may be able to take the commuter bus from LaPlata to a metro station and navigate from there.

Honestly, if I had a choice in arriving and leaving early, I'd just drive.
Thanks. I'm just job searching elsewhere(I only make $51,000). My effective hourly rate is less than what I started and I got denied twice for a small promotion so I don't see any reason to commit to that commute. Even three days a week, I know it will bother me.

SamSpade

Thanks. I'm just job searching elsewhere(I only make $51,000). My effective hourly rate is less than what I started and I got denied twice for a small promotion so I don't see any reason to commit to that commute. Even three days a week, I know it will bother me.
There’s always a carpool if you can.

DannyMotorcycle

210 has gotten rid of 2 or 3 traffic causing intersections.. so it's a lot better than it used to be..
i'm not sure where the commuter busses let off but there are 2/3/4 pickup lots in the laplata/waldorf area..
If not taking the bus, use the waze app every morning for the best route. I would be inclined to take 210-295-50e probably unless waze said otherwise.

woogie

I went from Charlotte Hall to Upper Marlboro for 24 years. Depending on what you call LaPlata, cause LP has very large zipcode area, Rosewick Rd to St Charles Pkwy then onto Mattawomen Beantown to 301 is your best bet. Going through Brandywine stay in the first lane and exit onto 301 north at the split. Once you get to Upper Marlboro exit left at 725 just north of Rt. 4 go about quarter of a mile then right onto Largo rd (202) leads you right into Landover. Depends on what time you need to go in, Route 5 north of the 301 split at the Surratts Rd. light can be a b***h and then again merging onto to the Beltway at Branch Ave. if you decide to go the beltway.
THIS ^^^ is the way, young Skywalker!

You really only have two choices: 301-5-beltway to your exit. Or 210-295-50.

Either way, you are likely fooked in terms of traffic. Just turn on WTOP and chose whichever route is less fooked on any given day.
Depending on where they live in LaPlata, they can get to Landover without ever touching the beltway. If feasible, based on their starting point, they make it over to 381 to Rt.4 to Ritchie Marlboro Rd to Capitol Heights and take any number of surface roads from there to their final destination. If they cannot get to 381, they can take 5/301 to Old Crain Highway to Rt.4 to Ritchie Marlboro Rd OR Old Crain Highway to Old Marlboro Rd to 202 to Capitol Heights and then take surface roads.