Best DJ Services

blueeyes76

yes, i read further back in the thread, i guess i just don't understand how you can say those kinds of things can be avoided. when you hire a dj, you specify the amount of time you would like for them to dj (5pm - 8pm for example). why should he not book another gig for later that night? he only has an obligation to the first gig until 8pm. i don't see how that is unprofessional.

...and in jen's case...the reception started late...totally not the dj's fault.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by jetmonkey
Hey, ass, you gave your opinion, one event per day, and I gave mine, this market is underserved and a businessman would be stupid not to take advantage of it. I have more expertise of the local market than you do. Take it like a man.

Ooohh...you flamed me AND called me a name. That's not very nice.
You don't know flip about DJ's, and I'll say it till I'm blue in the face, regardless of what market it is.
Now quick, run back to your boss so you can say "I got him! Didja see? Aren't you proud?"

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by blueeyes76
yes, i read further back in the thread, i guess i just don't understand how you can say those kinds of things can be avoided. when you hire a dj, you specify the amount of time you would like for them to dj (5pm - 8pm for example). why should he not book another gig for later that night? he only has an obligation to the first gig until 8pm. i don't see how that is unprofessional.

...and in jen's case...the reception started late...totally not the dj's fault.

You're partially right. You do specify the amount of time. However, the problem would have been easily avoided.
I never even said "one event per day". I said that the DJ could have given himself a little breathing room. With proper communication, they could have avoided any potential miscues.
The nature of the beast, that you're all missing, is that this isn't a cut-and-dry situation. It's very normal for DJ's to be asked to stay over. Anyone with any kind of experience or professionalism would have eliminated any possibility of misunderstandings by asking the proper questions of the client. Or, he could have simply said "Now, I do have another job at ___PM, so I have to leave at ___".
That way, the client wouldn't have even HAD the opportunity to ask for extra time. What they did was book it to get the money and move on. They obviously weren't overly concerned with customer satisfaction or they would have tried to work something out. They could have even called their agent, or another buddy, to see if they'd come out and do the rest of the time.
The DJ's I work with try very hard to get good reviews because they don't get the work if I get complaints. When you're in this "market", and you are overstretched, maybe you don't care about customer satisfaction. However, the comments aired by jeneisen are very typical of what happens. One person has a bad experience and it amounts to a "bad rep" for the performer. You should do everything humanly possible in your power to avoid these kinds of problems because they can come back to haunt you.
I'm in a much larger market, with much greater demand, and it's rare that I encounter these miscues.
I had a DJ who was asked to stay over a few weeks ago. They wanted two extra hours. He had given himself a two hour window to get to another gig. He offered the client one extra hour as a compromise and they were happy with that. On another occasion, a reception ran late because it started late. The DJ, again giving himself a window of time, had about an hour and a half to get to his next appointment. On that occasion, he called me, I called another DJ, and while one was tearing down, the other was setting up. The second guy got paid extra, which he then kicked back an equal amount to the first guy because he had the gig in the first place.
It's just not as simple as you're all trying to make it out to be.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
And you go tell the board ops so you can get me banned again. BTW, why would I want my boss to know I'm f-ing off when I'm supposed to be working?

I'm not a "netcop", I don't rat people out.
I was talking about your forums boss..the one here!
You, and only you, got yourself banned.
Honestly, Jet, you and I used to at least have mutual respect until you bought into the bull.

Last edited:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
1. If you aren't a rat why are you squealing that I was mean and called you a name so loudly, quoting the post to preserve it? That STINKS of being a little tattle tale.

2. I lost respect for you when I found out that you were the 'lilbooboo' that thought you could put me down by calling me the forums token black and a SMIB. Keep claiming the high ground, lilbooboo.

3. What the hell is this boss you keep talking about? This isn't the first time you've done it and I've pretty much ignored it up to this point. Are you refering to David because he PMed me to watch my language?

Let's take this to PM's. The others on the forum deserve better.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Like McLaughlin, I get the last word :lmao:

Jen, if you don't like DJ Brown, don't use him. If you'd be uncomfortable and apprehensive, it's not worth the stress - you're going to have enough to worry about and there are pleanty of DJs in the area.

But, please, DO discuss with whoever you get the possibility that your reception will run over and you may need him/her longer. Serious - this will ward off an unpleasant surprise.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Like McLaughlin, I get the last word :lmao:

Jen, if you don't like DJ Brown, don't use him. If you'd be uncomfortable and apprehensive, it's not worth the stress - you're going to have enough to worry about and there are pleanty of DJs in the area.

But, please, DO discuss with whoever you get the possibility that your reception will run over and you may need him/her longer. Serious - this will ward off an unpleasant surprise.

PLEASE change that av! I'm having nightmares all of a sudden!!!

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Calm Down

Geeze, I never meant to start anything with anyone. I just wanted a little free advice. :frown: As far as DJ Brown, I think we can all agree that each person is entitled to their opinion whether others agree or not. For me, I choose someone else, for you, you might choose them thats fine. I was just curious as to if anyone has had any bad experiences with anyone else so I wouldn't choose them. Thats all.

So why don't we all calm down and agree to disagree before someone gets banned?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Who I'm using

Hey Jen,

I'm using yourmostperfectday.com/iamyourdj.com for my photography/videography services, but they also offer dj services. I've seen him in action, as well as videos, etc... and they're excellent. Photo/video with them is fairly reasonable (plus you get ALL negatives!), but the dj'ing isn't the cheapest, so I'm having Marc Shubrooks dj. Gregory Norris, the head of the aforementioned company came to our house with albums, photo CDs, videos, DVDs, as well as samples of the dj'ing. Pretty cool and easy! A friend of Dean's dates a girl who works there (got all that, haha?) and that's how we heard of him. Anyway, if not for dj'ing, at least something to check out that you may be interested in! :biggrin: