Best ISP?

rahjahdat

Hi,
I'm new to the area and am currently living in St. Mary's County. I was wondering if there are any other providers other than metro comcast? Overall, I have heard comcast isn't that good and I doubt I'll get the so-called 25 MBps DL speed.

glhs837

Power with Control
Depends on where you are. Are you a gamer, whoat sort of requirements do you have from your net connection. Metrocast is NOT Comcast, you know that, right?

glhs837

Power with Control
No Fios in St Marys at all. Sat, cable or DSL. But, out here in the sticks, you stand a good chance of not being within range of a switching station.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I have Verizon DSL in Mechanicsville and I'm happy with it. It's faster then the Comcast cable I had in Chuck County.

TPD

the poor dad
I've got DSL at my business, metrocast at home - metrocast is faster and more reliable, IMO.

rahjahdat

I've got DSL at my business, metrocast at home - metrocast is faster and more reliable, IMO.

I'm probably going to go with Metrocast. How much was the MetroCast Wireless modem installation fee? Do you pay for the high-speed basic or high-speed internet package?

glhs837

Power with Control
Wireless modem? Why not buy your own modem and Wifi router. The monthly rental fee will more than pay for them.