Best "One Hit Wonder" band and their signature song

BOP

"Sukiyaki" - Kyu Sakamoto

Kyu Sakamoto (坂本 九 Sakamoto Kyū?, born Hisashi Oshima (大島 九 Ōshima Hisashi?), 10 December 1941 – 12 August 1985) was a Japanese singer and actor, best known outside of Japan for his international hit song "Sukiyaki", which was sung in Japanese and sold over 13 million copies. It reached number one in the United States Billboard Hot 100 in June 1963. He was also the first Asian singer to have a number one song on the Billboard Hot 100. He died on August 12, 1985, in the crash of Japan Airlines Flight 123, the deadliest single-aircraft accident in history.

tipsymcgee

Corey Hart's "Never Surrender" is just as good as Sunglasses at Night and was also a hit.

[video=youtube;UrIiLvg58SY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIiLvg58SY[/video]

mAlice

professional daydreamer
[video=youtube;aC7_LAklaHo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC7_LAklaHo[/video]

BOP

Norman Greenbaum's one and only hit was "Spirit in the Sky," or was it his only hit? Recording as Dr. West's Medicine Show & Junk Band, "The Eggplant that Ate Chicago." I remember it as a novelty song, but even as a novelty, it still charted at a respectable #52 on the Billboard in 1966 (I was 10 at the time).

BOP

A band called Sopwith Camel, "Hello, hello." It charted on the charts at #25 in 1967, which is pretty decent.

BOP

New Vaudeville Band, "Winchester Cathedral."

This song was everywhere when I was a kid. The song reached the Top 10 in the UK and #1 in the US. It sold over three million copies worldwide, earning the RIAA certification of gold disc status, and also won a Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Song in 1967. They had a couple of hits in Europe after "Winchester Cathedral," but none in the US that I know of.

BOP

I do not remember this band or the song. It's catchy, but I don't recall ever hearing it. If I did, I've blocked it out.

The band Christie, featuring Jeff Christie on vocals, singing their only known hit, "Yellow River." They were actually fairly prolific over the years, but "Yellow River" was pretty much it.