Best shoes for a beginner runner

C

CTBburn

I also prefer Asics. When I first started experimenting with running shoes, I found that they're much lighter that some of the other brands and some of their styles fit my wide feet.

Recently, I got a pair of Nikes, with the little running sensor. I have avoided Nikes in the past because they used to be waaaaay to narrow but I like the ones I got this time around. So far so good. And let me tell you, that little sensor thing is SUPER COOL. I love seeing what I ran. Plus, I can see what I'm running while I'm running, so sometimes I run a little longer to make it an even mile distance.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
You know all this fancy footwear nowadays and to think that the Native Americans used to run through the woods all the time barefoot or with leather wrapped around their feet.

That's freaking hardcore right there!!!

Ever try a beach run barefoot? Yeah you wont be able to walk the next day. :lol:

That's the only way to do it. I HATE getting sand in my shoes and socks, ugh. I've always walked/ran on the sand barefoot. I really love going barefoot, at minimum, flipflops.

C

CTBburn

Be careful there. ASICS are a well known gate way shoe. Before you know it, you will say and do and spend anything to get more.

At the time, I thought it was just the ASICS that I wanted but since then I moved to Nikes, the Nike sensor that's compatible with an IPOD and so I need that.......this doesn't look good....I mean, look what happened to Tiger after he got involved with Nike....

.....sadly,I don't think I'm any better of a runner than before.....

dustin

UAIOE
That's the only way to do it. I HATE getting sand in my shoes and socks, ugh. I've always walked/ran on the sand barefoot. I really love going barefoot, at minimum, flipflops.

we would always do these formation runs on the beach at pensacola during my A-school... then continue running elsewhere on base... not fun!!!!

Ever try a beach run barefoot?
Did that in high school. Summer before my senior year I ran the full length of OC barefoot. Started at the Delaware line and ran to the boardwalk pier and turned around and ran back. Family had a place down there and we were there at least 2x a month and I went running every time. Took from Easter until Labor Day before I could do the full length run barefoot.

thurley42

HY;FR
At the time, I thought it was just the ASICS that I wanted but since then I moved to Nikes, the Nike sensor that's compatible with an IPOD and so I need that.......this doesn't look good....I mean, look what happened to Tiger after he got involved with Nike....

.....sadly,I don't think I'm any better of a runner than before.....

I'm telling you.....all it takes is a knife and you can make your asics Nike+ compatible! I just did it with another pair...lol

C

CTBburn

I'm telling you.....all it takes is a knife and you can make your asics Nike+ compatible! I just did it with another pair...lol

Oh yeah, totally, but I wasn't about to turn down the opportunity to try out a new pair of shoes......

MDTerps

Back in the saddle

Your so silly!

Oh yeah, totally, but I wasn't about to turn down the opportunity to try out a new pair of shoes......

You dont need the Nike shoe to use the Nike +. So you still could have gotten a new pair of shoes. I wear New Balance and use the Nike +. Something is wrong with mine tho. For some reason it's not recording my miles correctly.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
we would always do these formation runs on the beach at pensacola during my A-school... then continue running elsewhere on base... not fun!!!!

We did trail runs, thank goodness. They knew better than to have us run on the beach because we would all be complaining about the sand in our shoes and then other comments would have been said that were not so PC :lol: