BEWARE the SHYSTERS [CROOKS] at MARK'S GARAGE!

shmltn

I'm writing to warn you all that the people at Mark's Garage on 235 are shysters!

They did an unauthorized repair to our car which cost us nearly $450.

If anyone knows of the equivalent to the CA BAR [Bureau of Automotive Repair] here that I can report them to, I would greatly appreciate the info.

Thanks.

wineo

loving life
I'm writing to warn you all that the people at Mark's Garage on 235 are shysters!

They did an unauthorized repair to our car which cost us nearly $450.

If anyone knows of the equivalent to the CA BAR [Bureau of Automotive Repair] here that I can report them to, I would greatly appreciate the info.

Thanks.

Never have had a problem with them, did you tell them to just fix it. Mark wouldn't do repairs that are not needed. They have a great tech there named Joe, does awesome work and I find Marks to be affordable. JMHO

lmmo

Mark's Garage

Yes, we brought in a car for a front end alignment in May 2008, said it was done. Brought it back in July for an inspection and was told the front boots were completely torn off, no ball bearings or grease left and that our teens would die in a rollover if it was not fixed:faint: so how could they have completed the front end alignment if this were the case? How could this damage be so far gone in 2 months and a couple hundred miles of driving???
Never go there!!! Out 1000.00 bucks and still clanking and grinding when turning:eyebrow:

shmltn

Shyters Still

I told a friend at work about my experience with Mark's garage and she told me she got screwed over by them to for over $800. Bought a new transmission but when she went to pick it up it wouldn't reverse properly. Took it back and they said the screen must've been clogged. Why would it be cogged if it was new? She's still mad about it. She knows someone else who will never go back there too, although I don't know why.

Mojo

Yes, we brought in a car for a front end alignment in May 2008, said it was done. Brought it back in July for an inspection and was told the front boots were completely torn off, no ball bearings or grease left and that our teens would die in a rollover if it was not fixed:faint: so how could they have completed the front end alignment if this were the case? How could this damage be so far gone in 2 months and a couple hundred miles of driving???
Never go there!!! Out 1000.00 bucks and still clanking and grinding when turning:eyebrow:

Maybe they were just really dry rotted and they ended up falling to pieces within a few months :shrug: If you don't learn how to maintain your own car, this is the kind of crap that you have to put up with. They charged you a thousand dollars for half shaft boots? If it's still grinding when you turn, then you should probably take it back.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Shysters.... my god I love that word.... haven't heard it in a while and people just don't use it enough. I'd like to bring the word Shyster back....

:peace:Shyster in 2009:peace:

lmmo

Marks

Maybe they were just really dry rotted and they ended up falling to pieces within a few months :shrug: If you don't learn how to maintain your own car, this is the kind of crap that you have to put up with. They charged you a thousand dollars for half shaft boots? If it's still grinding when you turn, then you should probably take it back.

Yeah well it is an 1989 that has 70,000 miles in excellent shape. We do well to maintain our cars. What are you backing them up for? You work for them?:barf:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Yeah well it is an 1989 that has 70,000 miles in excellent shape. We do well to maintain our cars. What are you backing them up for? You work for them?:barf:

:doh:
Unless it was garage kept, there is your likely culprit. Years can do a lot of damage to a car, especially if it's just sitting still, getting weathered by the day. :shrug:

Mojo

I don't think you grasped anything that I said :huggy:

lmmo

Mark's Garage

:smack: This car doesn't sit. Its well loved and taken care of. And yes it is an old car but I'd figure that if someone has a car that is sent in to be fixed, then it would come back running well and ready to go, but that's just me..:coffee:...could be wrong.. oh and by the way, the guys at the Sunoco across from Exploration Drive called it a "peach"...I'm just sayin....:whistle:

Last edited:

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
oh and by the way, the guys at the Sunoco across from Exploration Drive called it a "peach"...I'm just sayin....:whistle:

Um............the word "peach" can have many different meanings when uttered by an automotive professional.:lol:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
:smack: This car doesn't sit. Its well loved and taken care of. And yes it is an old car but I'd figure that if someone has a car that is sent in to be fixed, then it would come back running well and ready to go, but that's just me..:coffee:...could be wrong.. oh and by the way, the guys at the Sunoco across from Exploration Drive called it a "peach"...I'm just sayin....:whistle:

That's a gas station right? Not a service station?