Big screen TV...

AnniesDad

By the sea
Larry Gude said:
...my life reading inforamtion and still not know what it really means. I'm seeking opinions based on experience.

My Panasonic plasma has been working great for almost 2 years. Nice bright picture viewable from all angles. No problems with burn-in at all and we play video games and watch channels with tickers on them for hours. HDTV programs are crisp and clear.

ohstate

I spent a lot of time reading at this forum:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=9

I ended up w/ a Hitachi 50v500 (3 years old now), and have been very happy with it. Technology has changed a bit since then. I like the LCD or LCOS rear projection tvs - the DLP has that 'rainbow' effect for me. I get sick watching it.

Sears will price match anything you find (internet/cc/bb) and then take more off (I think it is 10% of the price difference). Plus they have sales where everything is an extra 10% off, which can bring down the prices quite a bit.
Just be sure the price you show them has delivery charges/taxes included.

Happy hunting. I'll be looking after Christmas - New Years, when the prices start to go down - the big sales b/4 the Super Bowl and the annual CNET meeting where they show the new models (IIRC).