Birdfeeders: A very unwelcomed visitor!

morganj614

Sharon said:
My feeders hang from a thin coated-steel-wire attached between two trees. I've tried almost everything I can think of as a deterrent, it's a regular circus around here. Once a day I implement my "last resort" :whistle: though no squirrels are permanently damaged.

Her squirrels are building an army for attack!

Attachments

• squirell1.bmp
    62.7 KB · Views: 163
  • squirell2.bmp
    67.6 KB · Views: 167

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Sharon said:
My feeders hang from a thin coated-steel-wire attached between two trees. I've tried almost everything I can think of as a deterrent, it's a regular circus around here. Once a day I implement my "last resort" :whistle: though no squirrels are permanently damaged.
Have you tried the feeders that fling the squirrels off? I have no idea if they work, but I'd imagine it would be fun to watch. :lmao:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
Have you tried the feeders that fling the squirrels off? I have no idea if they work, but I'd imagine it would be fun to watch. :lmao:
I posted that video a couple years ago. It's funny to watch. :roflmao: I just couldn't get over the $110.

SoftballCrazy

Sharon said:
Not a deer, squirrel, cat, or predatory bird this time. :burning:

This morning when I looked over at my birdfeeder all was well. A little while later I went outside and noticed something stuck in the wire cage around the feeder tube. I thought it was a tree branch that had falled from the trees, nothing unusual about that. Then I realized it was a snake and it had caught one of my songbirds. :bawl:

I was mad :mad: and sooo tempted to go over and kill it. But, I know it wasn't a "bad" snake. It ate the whole thing and then I made it go away.

I wonder if you greasing the wires the feeder is hanging from would deter the snakes? Maybe they'd slide off too if they can't grip it...I'm guessing vaseline would work well as a greaser...
Too funny, great squirrel pics!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
SoftballCrazy said:
I wonder if you greasing the wires the feeder is hanging from would deter the snakes? Maybe they'd slide off too if they can't grip it...I'm guessing vaseline would work well as a greaser...

That was actually the 1st snake I've ever seen on the feeder in 15 years. I hope it grows up and develops a taste for squirrel. :lol:

I'm hesitant to put grease on the wire because the hummers rest on it and I don't want to gunk them up.

BrassieChic

09-25-2006 02:56 PM Because we know who you are

Oops! I better contact the FBI to reinstate my Witness Protection Program status! :killingme

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
BrassieChic said:
09-25-2006 02:56 PM Because we know who you are

Oops! I better contact the FBI to reinstate my Witness Protection Program status! :killingme

What's that got to do with my thread that you didn't post in until now?