Birds!!! Counting Birds!!

dems4me said:
What did y'all see today???? Anyone need me to fill out and enter your sheets for you? :smile: It's for anywhere in the U.S. -- and you can participate one day, two days, three or even four days if you like :smile: Let's help the little birdies :clap: :clap: I can fill out your form and submit it for you... I just need to ask a few questions and it's a done deal :clap:
That makes it too much like work. I just like to watch them. I'm surprised I even know what a few of them are.

D

dems4me

Yesterday I saw

15 Juncos
2 Downey woodpeckers,
a Red-bellied Woodpecker and
1 Yellow bellied Woodpecker and
one big Woodpecker - the Pileated,
two bluejays,
1 crow,
3 Carolina Chikadee,
1 Tufted timouse and
1 White breated nuthatch,
1 white throated Sparrow
1 song Sparrow and
9 Cardinals and 8 finches (2 of those were House finches)
2 Doves
and one fat Rhode Island Red that chased people away

:clap: :clap: :smile: What are y'all seeing?? :shrug:

Taken this morning. I was trying to catch the blue jays buzzing him. He took off before that happened though.

Last edited:

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
desertrat said:
Some day. Here's another one, but he was moving pretty quick. Good for id though.

That flight picture is good too.
You got some high dollar equipment?
Or do I just not understand how to use mine to it's capabilities?
Kodak z700, has a action feature but seems to blur anyway

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
Starting to lean to the red shouldered hawk cause it has the red on the back of it's wings in the flight photo and the cooper's wings are dark, additionally the cooper's has a dark cap on it's head.
Just looking at audubon's book and comparing.

river rat said:
Starting to lean to the red shouldered hawk cause it has the red on the back of it's wings in the flight photo and the cooper's wings are dark, additionally the cooper's has a dark cap on it's head.
Just looking at audubon's book and comparing.
:yay: I really want to snap him diving on one of the doves. I've found feathers and I know that's why he's hanging around, but never caught him in the act. I lack patience.

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
desertrat said:
:yay: I really want to snap him diving on one of the doves. I've found feathers and I know that's why he's hanging around, but never caught him in the act. I lack patience.
I found a "dump duck" of all things behind my woodpile, gracias of a Red Tail-he visits the feeders every morning to shop for breakfast :jameo:

dorothydot

I have a dilemma here. Just moved down and our house has a perfectly-good martin house just outside in the back yard.

House sparrows have taken it over.

How can I evect them varmints and hopefully attract 1) purple martins [the ideal residents] or 2) the Carolina wrens that keep hanging around our yard?

Thanks!
Dot
:howdy: