Blessing of the Bikes

Mikeinsmd

aps45819 said:
So, who's going to Cryer's for the ABATE bike blessing this weekend?
Well if you can believe the long range weather forcast (which you can't) it looks like a nice day so I'll be there. :yay:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I admit I laughed when I heard about "Blessing of the Bikes." I imagined the priest saying, "In the names of the Lord, Rob Halford and the Doobie Brothers, I bless this hunk of almighty iron, and may this Hog ride forever true."

BTW, know of any other Harley fans among celebrities?

Mikeinsmd

Tonio said:
I admit I laughed when I heard about "Blessing of the Bikes." I imagined the priest saying, "In the names of the Lord, Rob Halford and the Doobie Brothers, I bless this hunk of almighty iron, and may this Hog ride forever true." BTW, know of any other Harley fans among celebrities?
Jay Leno

Pete

Repete
Tonio said:
I admit I laughed when I heard about "Blessing of the Bikes." I imagined the priest saying, "In the names of the Lord, Rob Halford and the Doobie Brothers, I bless this hunk of almighty iron, and may this Hog ride forever true."

BTW, know of any other Harley fans among celebrities?
I am, when I can finally get past the idea of paying double for the bike, double for the accesories, double for the insurance, I might get one. Until then I will ride my half price Honda, with the half price accesories, at half the cost of insurance.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pete said:
I am, when I can finally get past the idea of paying double for the bike, double for the accesories, double for the insurance, I might get one. Until then I will ride my half price Honda, with the half price accesories, at half the cost of insurance.
You forgot half the maintenance. :lol:

Got the new graphics package for my bike today, I'll post them in the morning.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Pete said:
While I don't ride, my gut feeling is that Harley owners are paying more for a brand mystique.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Tonio said:
While I don't ride, my gut feeling is that Harley owners are paying more for a brand mystique.
:killingme: Ya think :lol:
Might be why you see used Harley's for sale with less than 1000 miles a year on them.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
aps45819 said:
:killingme: Ya think :lol:
:lol: I said I didn't know crap about motorcycles. I knew Harleys were expensive, but I didn't know they were unreliable.

And thanks for the link.

People tell me that they don't own a 'rice burner' because the Japanese attacked us at Pearl Harbor and killed some of 'our boys'. Well, what the HELL do you think happened at Omaha Beach and Normandy? Do you think THAT was the Japanese that killed so many of 'our boys' that it made Pearl Harbor look like a small town shooting in comparison. Yet Harley riders often pay homage to German designs, tattoos, and other paraphenelia...

I think I've finally figured out just *WHY* Harley Davidson motorcycles are so popular... Harley Davidson isn't a motorcycle company, it is a cult religion. You don't ride a Harley Davidson so much as you worship it. You and every other little accolyte. A Harley Davidson is a rolling altar to mediocrity, you bend your knees and you pray to a pagan idol of chrome and leather for the pitiful life that you glean from it. That is the only way that I can see why so many people are so clueless when it comes to motorcycles. They can't stand on their own, they aren't tough enough to be individuals, so they have to reinforce their own self image with artificial constructs. Joseph Campbell would have a field day with the average Harley owner, I think that Harley Davidson is another of the 'masks of God' that Campbell once talked about so richly, or one of the supposed nine thousand names for God.

Hmmm... Maybe Halford or the Doobies should switch to another bike. :lol: