Boat trailer info

kdknitro

I am looking for information on how to get a replacement boat trailer title. It used to be a aquaintace's and his house burnt down with the title for the trailer in it. Im trying to figure out how to go about getting a new title to get it into my name. Any help would be apreciated.

thanks for the time

The acquaintance will have to apply for a replacement title since it's still in his/her name, then sign the replacement title over to you.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Take a couple pictures of it and go to MVA and tell em "Look what I built" Pay taxes and tag fees and get tags and title..

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I am looking for information on how to get a replacement boat trailer title. It used to be a aquaintace's and his house burnt down with the title for the trailer in it. Im trying to figure out how to go about getting a new title to get it into my name. Any help would be apreciated.

thanks for the time
Oops, I missed my opportunity earlier so I'll take it now:

"So your neighbor's house burns down and you want to steal his trailer?"

:killingme

Take a couple pictures of it and go to MVA and tell em "Look what I built" Pay taxes and tag fees and get tags and title..
Most excellent idea! :yay:

kdknitro

not a thief, i swear

I got the boat for free as a debt owed as well as the trailer, And have either of you guys that recommened that i say i built it actually have gone to the mva and done a built trailter title before??

I have, and it actually was a home-built trailer. You take some pics of it, fill out some forms, give them some money and they give you a serial number plate, tags and title.

I would suspect it might be a bit tough to pass off a trailer that looks factory built as homebuilt, but you might get lucky.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I have, and it actually was a home-built trailer. You take some pics of it, fill out some forms, give them some money and they give you a serial number plate, tags and title.

I would suspect it might be a bit tough to pass off a trailer that looks factory built as homebuilt, but you might get lucky.

:yeahthat: I have too and I did the same thing...

nutz

I got the boat for free as a debt owed as well as the trailer, And have either of you guys that recommened that i say i built it actually have gone to the mva and done a built trailter title before??

Maryland Vehicle Title and Registration Information

The instructions are in here. It's almost too easy to do. Bring a copy of your material list with prices (scrap counts) so they'll be able to computate the taxes owed :whistle: And if you really aren't too patriotic to the state, don't tag it, just get title. Send the title to Trailer Registrations for Individuals and Fleets Countrywide - MaineTrailerRegistrations.com and they'll hook you up with tags.

Last edited:

kdknitro

Thanks for all the great info

I have heard about the maine title which is alot cheaper than md stuff. I just didnt know where i had to go to get a replacement title and now i know due to all of your messges thanks again.