Body Slam a Reporter

itsbob

I bowl overhand
People act like dicks all the time. You cannot tackle them to the ground!

People will excuse poor behavior of the politicians they support and condemn innocent behavior of politicians they don't like. For example, I dis-like Donald Trump so it is hard for me not to assign the worse motive to him possible or assume the worse. I am somewhat aware of my bias but really cannot stop it.

If Bernie Sanders had tackled Jesse Waters would conservatives have a different reaction? Almost certainly they would have condemned Bernie Sanders. Would Liberals have a different reaction? Yeah they would have defended Bernie Sanders. http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bernie-sanders-ambush-interview-oreilly

It is human psychology, its not always what the behavior is, but who does it. Were liberals outraged when Obama went golfing. No. Were conservatives? Yes. Are conservatives outraged when Trump goes golfing? No. Are liberals? Yes. It is pretty much like that across the board. While some people are completely unaware of their bias, probably the majority of people are like myself, somewhat aware of it, but not in enough control to stop it.

Stand in the road get run over.. be a dick, get bodyslammed. Sounds fair to me.

LIKE Bernie has a hair on his ass and could or would raise his hand to Pee Wee Herman.. use a better analogy please.

People, can and will do that to Bernie because they know they can.. as is with MOST politicians..

Maybe the next guy (or gal) will think twice before doing to him again.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I think you got it backwards. Most - damn near all - people are completely unaware of their bias. A few people, such as yourself, are aware of it.

It is possible to change. I dislike Trump. I've always disliked him, from way back - long before he started dabbling in politics. So when he first got into the game everything he said would have me rolling my eyes. I've slowly moved away from this attitude - thanks in full to the petulant hubris of the left in general, and the media specifically. Their blatant attitude of "Anyone in their right mind would agree with me" disgusts me so deeply that it is palpable. The media's blatant misrepresentation of everything Trump says and does - along with the rabid pursuit of issues which should just fade away, and the mob's reaction to what they're fed by these a-holes, physically sickens me. I find the very existence of Antifa offensive - and you have to work hard to offend me.

And, frankly, I'm somewhat amused watching the Streisand/Cobra/Blowback Effect(s) that they're making happen. For instance, I now give Trump way more of the benefit of doubt than I think he actually deserves. I am keenly aware of my bias, and I'm disciplined enough to stop it, however, I am not inclined to do so at this point, because of the above. I rather think it's possible that by the time the next election rolls around I'll be a staunch Trump supporter. Out of pure spite.

Anyway, back to your point - I honestly believe that most people are so self-unaware that, not only are they oblivious of their bias, but they will actively deny they have one, and will argue and/or fight with you to prove it.

Well said. :yay:

Hijinx

Welll, uh......er.......um.........dangit, so would I (a LOT), but that's beside the point :lol:

We could probably balance the National Budget selling tickets to that as the headliner and Nancy Pelosi against Sarah Palin as the warm up.