Boy Scouts ending ban on gay members, leaders

MMDad

Lem Putt
Cool you talked to my previous co workers. Which ones? The ones that use to sleep with you? As for women I work with, if I am so creepy, why did two make me their God father to their children?

You know Penn, when you are trying to be all self righteous in this thread, then are caught in a blatant lie, it kind of makes your moral authority a little less than stellar.

Might I suggest that you look at that beam in your eye?

mamatutu

mama to two
I am sorry, Joe, that you have been picked for "drunk of the day". Thanks for the break. :huggy: As far as the topic, I have no problem with gays in the BSA, or anywhere, for that matter. They are some of the most fun, creative, and reliable people I know. Also, as I have read this thread for days, I realized, that we have to give our children more credit, if they might find a situation uncomfortable (gay or straight), they will not let bad things happen, especially, in a group situation where they can run for help. And, it is the times that we as parents/public are not focused on, is when the bad things happen; as in isolated. Isolated situation/isolated child. JMO

Last edited:

sockgirl77

Attachments

• sock-monkey-.jpg
    sock-monkey-.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 74
BTW, what was the ruling from BSA today?
Like I posted yesterday...
I called it. Slightly off in the amount of delay though.

BSA National said:
For 103 years, the Boy Scouts of America has been a part of the fabric of this nation, providing it’s youth program of character development and values-based leadership training. In the past two weeks, Scouting has received an outpouring of feedback from the American public. It reinforces how deeply people care about Scouting and how passionate they are about the organization.

After careful consideration and extensive dialogue within the Scouting family, along with comments from those outside the organization, the volunteer officers of the Boy Scouts of America’s National Executive Board concluded that due to the complexity of this issue, the organization needs time for a more deliberate review of its membership policy.

To that end, the National Executive Board directed its committees to further engage representatives of Scouting’s membership and listen to their perspectives and concerns. This will assist the officers’ work on a resolution on membership standards. The approximately 1,400 voting members of the National Council will take action on the resolution at the National Annual Meeting in May 2013.

MMDad

Lem Putt
And as reported by insiders, the LGBTPZ support didn't have the votes to carry the change. They pressed for a delay to allow their side to counter the backlash.

70% of Charter Organizations (owners of scout units) are religious. The religious organizations committee (the leaders of all religious organizations represented in BSA) met on Monday. They have asked to have the option of putting off the vote until they have had time to discuss in more depth added to the choices during the vote. That would mean the board could vote yes/no/postpone.

So you're saying that the leaders of all religious organiziations represented in BSA are LGBTPZ?

Do you have anything more than your opinion on this or wishes that it is true?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
So you're saying that the leaders of all religious organiziations represented in BSA are LGBTPZ?

Do you have anything more than your opinion on this or wishes that it is true?

Perhaps you should go back and re-read our posts. You seem to have totally bollixed the meaning and conflated it into something that only your mind can understand. :gossip: You've misread both posts.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Perhaps you should go back and re-read our posts. You seem to have totally bollixed the meaning and conflated it into something that only your mind can understand. :gossip: You've misread both posts.

I did read the posts. That's why I quoted both. I know that huntr1 is one of the people most involved in BSA in our area, so I see his information as pretty solid. He said that the religious organizations committee asked for the delay. You said that the LGBTPZ supporters did. Either you are saying that the religious organizations committee is LGBTPZ or huntr1 is wrong.

That's why asked if you had anything to back up your opinion or was it just a wish.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
You caught me. I know. I'll never be the woman your wife is. In fact, I'll never be half the woman she is. :ohwell:

Was the "dammit" because you had to give up being a bar slut or was it because someone reminded you of those days? :buddies:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Boy Scout alternative, Trail Life USA, launches ‘premier’ Christian group for boys

The newly announced Trail Life USA expects to become a “premier” Christian organization for boys and young men when it fully launches in the new year.

Its goal is to counter the “moral free-fall” of the nation, and “raise a generation of faithful husbands, fathers, citizens and leaders,” organizers told the national inaugural convention in Nashville, Tenn., Friday night.

The group has captured widespread attention because of its other mission — to provide a robust alternative to the Boy Scouts of America (BSA).
At the opening session, John Stemberger, chairman of the board of Trail Life USA, teased the crowd of 1,200, saying he would not be surprised if there were “spies” from Grapevine, Texas — BSA’s home base — in the audience.
That would make sense, since everyone from supporters to the curious want to know what’s being planned, he said, adding that Trail Life USA will not be “anti-BSA.”

The conference’s theme is “Honoring the Legacy, Raising the Standard.”
Trail Life USA’s name, drawn from more than 300 options, was carefully vetted and is intended not to be political or controversial, organizers said.
“Trail” refers to a pathway and being outdoors, but also symbolizes the passage of life, where there are moral choices, and right and wrong paths, said Mr. Stemberger.