Brass Tap

ShyGirl

Hubby and I stopped in for lunch and both gave it two thumbs up!!

Food was delicious! Owners and Staff were so friendly! Service was fast and excellent!!

Hubby was impressed by draft beer that he can usually only find overseas.

It is next to Harris Teeter.
We will be back!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've heard good things about it. My niece and her boyfriend play trivia there sometimes.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Went a couple weeks ago - it was pretty good and service was good too, but I was disappointed that my son's chicken tenders had a fish/shrimp taste to them so either someone is being lazy with the fryers, or they don't have more than one - which honestly is a problem in itself. Allergies aside, I don't want my french fries or tater tots tasting like shrimp even if I ordered a shrimp basket. Thankfully, no allergies here. They started to get super busy when I realized this and felt, since we don't have allergies I didn't have a big enough issue to raise, but looking back I should have at least asked. To me, unless it's a marketed SEAFOOD restaurant, you should have a separate fryer for the seafood.

And this is not towards Brass Tap specifically, but I see restaurants are all moving towards this trend of servers giving you their mobile POS to "sign the check" and it's just really awkward when you're trying to tip someone as they're holding the device for you, just like how our server did that night. Just bring me a paper check please and let me complete that in private. At the very least ask me my preference.

TPD

the poor dad
And this is not towards Brass Tap specifically, but I see restaurants are all moving towards this trend of servers giving you their mobile POS to "sign the check" and it's just really awkward when you're trying to tip someone as they're holding the device for you, just like how our server did that night. Just bring me a paper check please and let me complete that in private. At the very least ask me my preference.
I despise these devices! Sometimes if I’ve had too much to drink, I need a minute or 2 to figure the tip. I have to triple check my math because of my scrambled brain from the adult beverages - I don’t want to over or under tip. Last week while out, I saw these devices in use, so I asked for a paper receipt. No problem. Until it came time to pay and they bring the device to me and put me on the spot.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I despise these devices! Sometimes if I’ve had too much to drink, I need a minute or 2 to figure the tip. I have to triple check my math because of my scrambled brain from the adult beverages - I don’t want to over or under tip. Last week while out, I saw these devices in use, so I asked for a paper receipt. No problem. Until it came time to pay and they bring the device to me and put me on the spot.
I'm almost always sober and I still would prefer to count on my fingers and toes in private! Math is the last thing anyone wants ME doing on the fly/in a rush.

Reactions: TPD

Tech

Comes down to do you trust giving the wait staff your card to take it out of your sight. Do not like it when they hold it but have been to places that they just leave the device on the table. There are ones that are little terminals that let order and pay but you have to ensure they are at the correct table.

TPD

the poor dad
Comes down to do you trust giving the wait staff your card to take it out of your sight. Do not like it when they hold it but have been to places that they just leave the device on the table. There are ones that are little terminals that let order and pay but you have to ensure they are at the correct table.
90% of the time I pay with cash. Last week I was drinking a bit too much so I ended up buying drinks for others so had to use my card - didn't have enough cash. But yeah, I'm ok with with the staff taking my card since I use it so little in a restaurant.