bronze door spa

dpan68

Does anyone know when the bronze door spa closed? My husband purchased a very pricey gift certificate for my bday. Went to call today with no answer and saw a previous thread that they had closed. Just wondering if there is a way to redeem or get the money back. Very angry and sad, was looking forward to a girls day out with a friend.:cds:

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
Good luck tracking her down. I sent an email to that very address and went rounds because I also had a gift certificate. Plus, they SOLD my personal information from my intake form to another spa too....not cool and very illegal.

Yes, its been proven and No, people don't just "give" that stuff away.

cuttingitrite2

I have the same thing so I talked to nicole on the ball field and she stated that Dr.Nasr has bought it from her and he will honor the gift certificates. He is in Lusby at the health place.

Good luck tracking her down. I sent an email to that very address and went rounds because I also had a gift certificate. Plus, they SOLD my personal information from my intake form to another spa too....not cool and very illegal.

Yes, its been proven and No, people don't just "give" that stuff away.

C

citizen_fear

Does anyone know when the bronze door spa closed? My husband purchased a very pricey gift certificate for my bday. Went to call today with no answer and saw a previous thread that they had closed. Just wondering if there is a way to redeem or get the money back. Very angry and sad, was looking forward to a girls day out with a friend.:cds:

Please send pics, some of you may be eligible to have your gift certificate honored at a secret location; depends on the :hot: scale. :howdy:

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
I have the same thing so I talked to nicole on the ball field and she stated that Dr.Nasr has bought it from her and he will honor the gift certificates. He is in Lusby at the health place.

So Dr. Nasr's office does mani's/pedi's? The rest I wouldn't touch at that place. Actually they only honored the Gift Certificates for a short period of time (which I understand) but my husband bought the certificate so I could see a certain person at a certain place not a different service at a different place.

Tell Nicole if she has any scruples to return emails and phone calls....Oh that's right; she already got paid.

lin

Nicole did not get paid. What she got was a business debt and loss of her home. She opened the Bronze Door with the intention of offering the women of Calvert County a place of solitude to rest, relax and escape.

After our economy weakened and she agonized over the loss of revenues she opted not to renew her lease at Fox Run Shopping Center and closed operation (September 2008 - so its been eight months now). She found a spa willing to honor the Bronze Door outstanding gift certificates and the proprieter of Heaven and Earth Medi Spa in Lusby assembled a letter and mailed it out to anyone who had visited the Bronze Door to inform them that they could redeem their gift certificates there.

Nicole has plenty of scruples and has even suggested that anyone who has been trying to reach her - she has responded. She even agreed to let me post her email: it is nicolet531@aol.com.

I will close and say I am happy for you that you have a stable job and a spouse who supports you. She is an independent young woman raising two sons on her own who just heartbreakenly lost a dream. May this economy not be so unkind to you!!!

C

citizen_fear

The spa closed September 2008.
All oustanding gift certificates were to be honored at Heaven and Earth Medi Spa until their expiration dates.
I am sorry if Heaven and Earth is not the first choice.
Dr Nasr was kind enough to agree to honor these certificates and received address information of anyone who had visited the Bronze Door Day Spa so he could send a letter notifying our clients of his intentions to honor the outstanding gift certificates.
No PRIVATE information was offered.
I have responded to ANY and ALL emails I have received regarding close of operations.
As of about two months ago the site was still active so I could inform clients where they could get their certificates honored. We left it open for six months to do so.
I am sorry if after eight months of being shut down some folks are now discovering that we are no longer in operation.
I will post my email address on this forum so anyone else who has not come to this conclusion after all this time can contact me.
it is nicolet531@aol.com.
As for headcase responses: I DID NOT GET PAID. I think you meant - Nicole PAID - and dearly did I. Like my pals have stated, I am happy for you that you have been unaffected by this economy. I hope your friends share the same fate. (Or would you be more understanding?)

Your magic....

dpan68

bronze door/ heaven and earth medi spa

Thanks for the help. Does anyone know anything about this Heaven and Earth Medi Spa? Does it have a second location in Dunkirk?

togoodtobetrue

Your looking for the lady from Bronze Door I think she may have gone to S Kape Hair Salon in Leonardtown. I went to Bronze Door one time it was so bad the owner sat at desk and talked bad about her staff. "Never went back"

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
Your looking for the lady from Bronze Door I think she may have gone to S Kape Hair Salon in Leonardtown. I went to Bronze Door one time it was so bad the owner sat at desk and talked bad about her staff. "Never went back"

Which salon do you work at? Bella by chance?

:popcorn:

dn0121

Headcase - do I know you? I was not going to bother respondng to your statement "karma" because an undignified statement really does not deserve a response, but my friends are tired of this nonsense and I wanted to personally rectify the matter.

If my closing of the spa affected you in some way that has severely altered your life, my apologies. If I offended you in some way that I am unaware, again, my apologies.

I did my best to try and accomodate all outstanding gift certificate holders and make the close of operations as smooth as any closing of business operations can go.

It is unfortunate that I was not a major shareholder in a bank or automobile industry that I was able to receive any bailout monies. I was a small business in a small county.

But to suggest because a business failed and I am no longer able to support for my two young children is KARMA - that is just plain sick. Just what did my children ever do to you to justify such a statement? I pray for your family (if you have one) that no financial downfall or life changing event should ever come your way and some complete stranger tell you that it was KARMA. Like in some way you deserved it.

Was it KARMA for all those folks who lost their jobs in this recession? Was it KARMA for all those other families who have also been displaced from their homes as a result of the breadwinners lin their families osing their means of an income?

Please tell me - what is so offensive as to having had a dream (of running and operating your own business) - doing something you love - sharing it with those in your community and then having that dream shattered? Did my losing my dream affect your life in some way that I am unaware?

Im truly done with this nonsense. My friends and family members have been advising that I should seek legal action should this forum keep the slander going (I have read some of the other comments) - but I am not a litigious person and I have reached the point where some of these attackes just do not even deserve a response - this will be the only one I intend to post.

Attack me all you want for whatever reasons you feel justified. But to suggest that KARMA is due my way that has undoubtedly impacted my children - you have crossed the line of sanity! Maybe that is where your name (Headcase) stems from? Maybe you should have it checked?

Whatever the case may be. Again, I am sorry for you that you have somehow been impacted so severely by my existence. Some words of advice you may want to add to your tagline . . . if you dont have anything important or of value to say - then maybe you just should not say anything at all.

responding
accommodate
losing
attacks
don't

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
Headcase - do I know you? I was not going to bother respondng to your statement "karma" because an undignified statement really does not deserve a response, but my friends are tired of this nonsense and I wanted to personally rectify the matter.

If my closing of the spa affected you in some way that has severely altered your life, my apologies. If I offended you in some way that I am unaware, again, my apologies.

I did my best to try and accomodate all outstanding gift certificate holders and make the close of operations as smooth as any closing of business operations can go.

It is unfortunate that I was not a major shareholder in a bank or automobile industry that I was able to receive any bailout monies. I was a small business in a small county.

But to suggest because a business failed and I am no longer able to support for my two young children is KARMA - that is just plain sick. Just what did my children ever do to you to justify such a statement? I pray for your family (if you have one) that no financial downfall or life changing event should ever come your way and some complete stranger tell you that it was KARMA. Like in some way you deserved it.

Was it KARMA for all those folks who lost their jobs in this recession? Was it KARMA for all those other families who have also been displaced from their homes as a result of the breadwinners lin their families osing their means of an income?

Please tell me - what is so offensive as to having had a dream (of running and operating your own business) - doing something you love - sharing it with those in your community and then having that dream shattered? Did my losing my dream affect your life in some way that I am unaware?

Im truly done with this nonsense. My friends and family members have been advising that I should seek legal action should this forum keep the slander going (I have read some of the other comments) - but I am not a litigious person and I have reached the point where some of these attackes just do not even deserve a response - this will be the only one I intend to post.

Attack me all you want for whatever reasons you feel justified. But to suggest that KARMA is due my way that has undoubtedly impacted my children - you have crossed the line of sanity! Maybe that is where your name (Headcase) stems from? Maybe you should have it checked?

Whatever the case may be. Again, I am sorry for you that you have somehow been impacted so severely by my existence. Some words of advice you may want to add to your tagline . . . if you dont have anything important or of value to say - then maybe you just should not say anything at all.

Note: HIPAA

bcp

In My Opinion
Just a question about your response. Why would a dayspa have to adhere to Hippa laws? I think most health insurance companies don't cover spa services. So, if this is true how does the law apply then?
not hippa,, hippo
the hippo insurance is required in any facility that may be forced to deal with extremely large women with attitudes.

TwistedDiamond

Blondes do it better.....
My husband bought me a gift certificate there and when they closed I DID RECEIVE a letter stating where my gift certificate would be honored. So my question to you headcase is if she violated your rights of privacy how come you didn't receive a letter stating where the certs would be honored, and if that is the case weren't all of our rights violated? Just a question, no hostility intended!

Last edited:

angelbaby

Headcase,
Exactly how much money did you lose? :shrug: I mean a gift certificate for a mani and pedi can't be that much. Sometimes things happen that are out of our control. I can understand your frustration but not your hostility. That is not going to change the situation. From reading the other posts it's clear that amends were made. You were told where you could redeem the gift certificate. You need to let it go already.

bluewater

Head case truly is a head case. Businesses fail from time to time, its not KARMA, its simply dealing with today's economy and all the layoffs. It looks to me like the owner tried to do everything she could to honor certs. Maybe if headcase would get a life and stop trying to beat up people on a forum that is supposed to be well intended for everyone's benefit she would do better off for herself. She is just showing her backside and its probably a huge one!