Bully or Bullied?

Which were you?

• I was the bully; got a problem with that??

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • I was the one the bully was picking on.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I was friends with all and paid no mind

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • School days? You expect me to remember my school days???

Votes: 20 29.0%

• Total voters

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I remember answering role call from inside the teachers supply closet once. Couple of guys jammed me in there. But since it didn't bother me and it got a good laugh from the class, they didn't do it again.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I've talked about this before. For me it was not "Poor little me" so much as "What am I doing to bring this on?" I was always bookish and reclusive. During high school I was told that some people take standoffishness in others personally, and it's their problem, not mine.

In eighth grade I had had enough of one kid's treatment and punched him in the eye. The gym teacher had seen the whole thing. He looked at me, nodded at the kid I had just punched, and said, "He deserved it."

FirstClass

I was a bully... I feel so bad about it now :bawl: back in middle school there was this girl named Candy and she was really over weight and not very pretty and had this nappy nappy hair, she stunk too, we made fun of her every day then when we went on to high school she didn't come I don't know what happened to her if she moved or went to another school or what. I was just trying to be cool :getdown:

Elle

Happy Camper!
FirstClass said:
I was a bully... I feel so bad about it now :bawl: back in middle school there was this girl named Candy and she was really over weight and not very pretty and had this nappy nappy hair, she stunk too, we made fun of her every day then when we went on to high school she didn't come I don't know what happened to her if she moved or went to another school or what. I was just trying to be cool :getdown:
After years of therapy, I’m doing alright, thank you very much:rolleyes:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
FirstClass said:

People like you shouldn't exist. Thanks for sharing with everyone what a complete psycho you are. Are you really okay with that? I suggest years of intensive therapy to figure out what chemical in your brain made that okay for you.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
FirstClass said:
we made fun of her every day then when we went on to high school she didn't come I don't know what happened to her

She probably hanged herself over summer break, you heartless bastard! (Just kidding...)

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
I was friends with a lot of different people, but I was quick to make fun of the people I wasn't friends with. As you can see, nothing has changed. I was a bully, but I was a bully to everyone, even my friends. My friends just knew how to take it. The little wussies didn't. It's not like I threatened to beat anyone up, I was/am just mean by nature.

H

HollowSoul

i didn't have very many friends or should i say not very many kids wanted to be my friend...
i grew up in a VERY small town in missouri, there ware only 17 kids in my graduatin class..
in a town like that kids like me that didn't like making friends had only one option.."get into trouble" once the reputation of hethen/punk was established everyone just kinda got out of my way when i walked.....not that i was a bully or anything, although i would occasionally recruit a geek to climb the water tower with me and drop a bowling ball just to see what would happen.
yes forumites...i was voted most likely to go to jail...suprisingly iv'e never been. and it is quite ironic that i'm in the military...
my last trip to missouri ended up stumbling in on my 15yr class reunion.....needless to say, it was not worth my effort

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Ehesef said:
I was/am just mean by nature.

So none of your treatment was intended to be taken personally. Fascinating idea. For a long time I believed that if someone is mean to me or gets angry at me, it was my fault. The idea that it might be the other person's problem always seemed like an evasion of responsibility on my part. I've been learning that people often have their own issues and problems that have nothing to do with me.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Tonio said:
So none of your treatment was intended to be taken personally. Fascinating idea. For a long time I believed that if someone is mean to me or gets angry at me, it was my fault. The idea that it might be the other person's problem always seemed like an evasion of responsibility on my part. I've been learning that people often have their own issues and problems that have nothing to do with me.
Pretty much. I'm just a cynical person. And sometimes, if I'm ragging on someone, I don't even really mean it. I'm just bored. Usually I'm joking and someone just doesn't get it. Now if someone acts like a total tard, then I mean it. A lot of times oh these boards, I'm taken seriously when I'm not serious. I just don't care enough to clear up the misconception. I don't think that the people I've met IRL would even have guessed I was Ehesef if they hadn't already known.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Ehesef said:
Pretty much. I'm just a cynical person. And sometimes, if I'm ragging on someone, I don't even really mean it. I'm just bored. Usually I'm joking and someone just doesn't get it. Now if someone acts like a total tard, then I mean it. A lot of times oh these boards, I'm taken seriously when I'm not serious. I just don't care enough to clear up the misconception. I don't think that the people I've met IRL would even have guessed I was Ehesef if they hadn't already known.

:huggy: :yay:

K

Kizzy

IM4Change said:
I never bullied anyone, nor was I ever bullied by anyone in high school. I was a friend too everyone no matter what other people said or thought.

So you can imagine my surprise when I experienced bullying in the workplace by an overbearing beast of a boss. What really makes that situation hard is that it resides in your livelihood, and it tears you up inside physically and mentally. Eventually, after gaining 65 pounds, having my hair come out in chunks, breaking out in constant acne, yelling at my family when I came in the door from work, having my blood pressure go thru the roof, grinding my teeth at night, unable to sleep, having panic attacks, and putting up with it for nearly 3 years, I decided to seek help. Yes, I broke down and saw a shrink. It helped me better understand the demon I was dealing with and toughed me up. What also was a big help is that this boss went out on extended sick leave for 5 months.

I will say that I will NEVER allow myself to be that vulnerable again in any situation. I know better now, but I’ve also learned to understand the motivation behind a bully, any bully, which is really their own feelings of self-worthlessness and incompetence. Now that she is back, I will squash her if she even THINKS she can treat me that way again. I’ve learned to confront her and call her on her actions. We will see if I can keep the problem at bay, because there is one thing I have learned and that is not to trust people so easily. And one more thing, I keep detailed documentation. :wink:

You know what the greatest revenge is when you work for a bully boss?

The day you drop your resignation and you KNOW that your position will not be filled due to budget cuts. :biggrin: which is what I did 2 months ago.

I learned an awful lot from this situation. I spent those 3 miserable years in college at night, earning a B.A. degree and each and every time, I thought I couldn’t do it (work full-time, raise 2 kids and take care of my elderly grandmother) I saw that women’s face and thought about my work environment.

Funny, anyone who THINKS they might work for a bully, try this. Start acting a little incapable, a bit stupid; if they start treating you nicer, then you work for an insecure azz of a boss who feel threaten by you and your ability. I love hearing how disorganized the office is now, how employees don’t get that courteous and professional treatment when they need something now and how much I’m missed. I do miss my co-workers, I just don’t miss "the beast", and I guess I’ll admit it, after all this time, a part of me is still bitter about the :bs: I put up with all those years, but then again, I am grateful because it did make me stronger and it gave me the motivation to move on and do something better. :yay:

Ponytail

It might be an old thread but it still made me laugh.

I was the one getting picked on. I was almost a year younger than alot of the other kids in my class. I was 17 when I graduated high school.

I was a small, skinny and very shy kid, with what was apparently big ears for my the size of my head. :rolleyes: I'm glad that I finally grew into those suckers. I have grown into them, right? :twitch:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Tonio said:
For a long time I believed that if someone is mean to me or gets angry at me, it was my fault. The idea that it might be the other person's problem always seemed like an evasion of responsibility on my part. I've been learning that people often have their own issues and problems that have nothing to do with me.
:whistle: You keep believing that, and I'm sure you'll be ju-u-s-st fine!
In other words, nothing you can say, or nothing you've ever harped on could be taken in the wrong light, by anyone, ever?

It's mostly them, not you?

I've never taken that one-sided point of view; sometimes I have said ignorant things, and realised it later on, tried to correct them, or just flat apologized.

FirstClass

FromTexas said:
People like you shouldn't exist. Thanks for sharing with everyone what a complete psycho you are. Are you really okay with that? I suggest years of intensive therapy to figure out what chemical in your brain made that okay for you.

you can just bite me I was in 8th grade and I said I felt bad about it. damn sounds like you were probably a little picked on yourself........ It is not like I still do it I was a KID.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
FirstClass said:
you can just bite me I was in 8th grade and I said I felt bad about it. damn sounds like you were probably a little picked on yourself........ It is not like I still do it I was a KID.
I bet you are a fatty now.