California Walmart - lines for check out

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
They get paid by the hour. All of these places get slower and slower at check out. They carry on conversations with coworkers about inappropriate things, dont say hi even when you say hi first and scan things as slow as they feel like. It is never going to get better so get use to it.

C

CTBburn

I try not to go to Walmart, too. It isn't a local thing, the Walmarts in Tennessee were very similar.

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
This says it all.....

Attachments

• redneck-300x202.jpg
    redneck-300x202.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 228

LadyCoyote

I FULLY BELIEVE that Walmart should set up some "self check out" stands. People could move through faster, AND the service level would be the same. I am saying this because several times, I have "checked out" at Walmart and the clerk has not uttered ONE word to me at all. No greeting, no eye contact, no "have a nice day". I don't need a clerk to kiss my behind -- but I seriously think there is a LACK of customer service at that store.

I spend $$ in that place each week.

Last week, when I went through Ms. Congeniality's line and got nothing but a bored stare and a receipt shoved at me, I finally complained. I mean, I'm a friendly person, I will acknowledge the clerk with a greeting, and say thanks. But these people are "stiff" -- zombies / and or the walking dead in this store.

So, I did complain. I didn't make a huge fuss, but I went to the customer svc desk and asked to speak to a Manager. They looked at me skeptically, "can I ask why?" the clerk asked me. "Input," I told her. "I just have some input that I want to pass along."

So, I passed it on to the Customer Svc Manager. You know, a little interaction, a brief moment of customer service, a GREETING, a thank you...would be nice. "Want me to speak to the clerk?" He asked me. Obviously he did not get my point...I didn't want to rail the one clerk, and I told him I wasn't mentioning WHICH lane I just went through. But I did tell him that I spend $$ in there each week, sometimes several visits each week, and this is a PATTERN of poor customer service in the store. You know, maybe they can say something at the next employee meeting. This guy says they haven't had one of those in a long time.

Uh...R-E-A-L-L-Y? (that shows, for sure).

I told the Manager they really should invest in those Self Check Out lanes, because it would give the SAME level of service that most of the clerks exhibit in that store...ZERO.

Lizzy4459

Most Walmarts have the self check out so I was surprised when we moved here that they didn't have them. There are a lack of available checkouts though. I think the checker bagging really slows things down too. If they went back to the old way of someone bagging while someone scanned it would move alot faster.

I'm defending poor customer service but Walmart Employees aren't treated so great. So the negative attitude starts at the top and trickles down to us customers.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I FULLY BELIEVE that Walmart should set up some "self check out" stands. People could move through faster, AND the service level would be the same. I am saying this because several times, I have "checked out" at Walmart and the clerk has not uttered ONE word to me at all. No greeting, no eye contact, no "have a nice day". I don't need a clerk to kiss my behind -- but I seriously think there is a LACK of customer service at that store.
La Plata has self serve checkouts and they say welcome and thank you to me in a nice female voice. Now if only they were cute...:razz:

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
i was in line at walmart one day for about 30 mins and there where only 2 checkouts up. so as the people kept pilling up i called walmart from inside the store and said i have been standing in line for 30 mins i think something should be done and right after i hung up 3 CSMs came running up and said "oh wow we didnt know it was this bad" so they made one call over the loud speaker and like 10 people came to the front to check people out. so as they walked by me i said "wow i didnt know you had that many people working here"

P

playerhater

I like going to Wal Mart.. I feel SOOOO good about myself and my life after just 3 or 4 minutes there.

Poor management, nothing more frustrating than waiting in line to check out because most of the, what about 18 registers are closed. I noticed in Kohls when there are 2-3 people in line assistance is called right away. This WalMart has gotten in to a mode that they don't care. Poor management, and low pay is my guess, I bet if complaints went to the corporate office via call or email etc. someone will start listening as to why they are loosing customers. WalMart is so economical with prices and all maybe now the don't care there making profit and a few pissed of customers a day is not big deal.

C

CTBburn

I like going to Wal Mart.. I feel SOOOO good about myself and my life after just 3 or 4 minutes there.

Me too!! :killingme

Seriously, though, I bet Sam Walton is rolling in his grave. Walmart used to be a much better place.

dachsom

Poor management, nothing more frustrating than waiting in line to check out because most of the, what about 18 registers are closed. I noticed in Kohls when there are 2-3 people in line assistance is called right away. This WalMart has gotten in to a mode that they don't care. Poor management, and low pay is my guess, I bet if complaints went to the corporate office via call or email etc. someone will start listening as to why they are loosing customers. WalMart is so economical with prices and all maybe now the don't care there making profit and a few pissed of customers a day is not big deal.

Have you ever tried to fill a prescription there? Every single time I have gone there to get one, it is always an hour wait, sometimes more. I usually use CVS where I have never waited more than 15 minutes but sometimes, if the prescription is really expensive, I will use Walmart.