Calvert Public Safety Scanner

County_Boy

Its if FREE to listen, so why spend any money at all?

When I go to the site and click on the feed I get a popup that says for
Paid premium members only.

I am a member of Radio Reference but not a paid premium member

When I listen to the scanner on SoMdOnline it doesn't cost me any money.

Of course I do have to occasionally put up with NoNo, Clem Shady and Themis

dgates80

Land of the lost
Thanks, BK!

I have gone to a fair amount of effort to have the Calvert scanner be as reliable as I can make it.

o Switched to DSL (cable goes offline very quickly during a power outage, just when you need the scanner the most!).

o The scanner, the scanner feed computer, the DSL modem, and the router all on a 1000VA APC UPS (with brand new batteries in it as of 3/1/10).

o I have a whole-house backup generator setup that will run the scanner in the event of an extended power outage.

RPMDAD

dgates80
In my opinion you do and outstanding job and want to let you know
how much it is greatly appreciated. I also would rather spend my money on somd.com sponsors.

The_Badge

:cds: Once again, I was just sharing a 2nd option that is free (and no silly advertisements or banners). I work in a secure government facility and this SOMD.com website is for some reason restricted by our internet peoples, so I cannot monitor the SOMD scanner at work. I found that other scanner online and was sharing it with the others that are in the same situation and work with restricted internet access.

I am NOT a paying member to the site, never have been and never will pay! I don’t know where or what you are all doing that it is prompting you to make a payment or register. I can care less if you all like your SOMD.com scanner better then that Radio Reference one.

Last edited:

dgates80

Land of the lost
:cds::cds::cds::cds::cds:
Once again, I was just sharing a 2nd option that is free (and no silly advertisements or banners). I work in a secure government facility and this SOMD.com website is for some reason restricted by our internet peoples, so I cannot monitor the SOMD scanner at work. I found that other scanner online and was sharing it with the others that are in the same situation and work with restricted internet access.

I am NOT a paying member to the site, never have been and never will pay! I don’t know where or what you are all doing that it is prompting you to make a payment or register. I can care less if you all like your SOMD.com scanner better then that Radio Reference one.
:cds::cds::cds::cds::cds:

It's cool, the more the merrier. And if you can access the other one through the work firewall, even better. Xanex is a prescription drug, ask your doctor.

Kumba

I work in a secure government facility and this SOMD.com website is for some reason restricted by our internet peoples, so I cannot monitor the SOMD scanner at work.
You shouldn't be stating this on an open forum, even if you didn't give away any identifiable names or places. You'd be surprised what happens when piecemeal bits of information, which are scattered out there on the internet, are sought out and assembled into a complete picture.

That said, if it is a secured facility, then your IT people are doing the right thing by restricting where you can go. Annoying? Perhaps, but that's life. The facility is secured for a reason, not for kicks and giggles.

I am NOT a paying member to the site, never have been and never will pay!

It's a whopping $30 a year, or $2.50 a month, or $0.08 cents a day. RR does a lot to keep the scanner community alive. If it wasn't for them, setting up scanners and tracking down programming information for various systems would be much more difficult.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
It's cool, the more the merrier. And if you can access the other one through the work firewall, even better. Xanex is a prescription drug, ask your doctor.

So is Xanax for those who can spell. You might even want to try alprozalam, I hear it's cheaper.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
I guess that goes to show, only those that can spell it are very familiar with it.... :whistle:

Maybe because they might be a doctor, or work in a pharmacy, or maybe not illiterate. BTW I know something you might want to stick up your a##.:roflmao:

Last edited: