Calvert Sheriff in the hot seat, again. Goon squads?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm not buying that he was consistently manhandled so outrageously from start to finish, and that when he called 911 the dispatcher also mistreated him. I am simply not buying that. If it turns out that he's telling the truth, I will gladly offer an apology and admit I'm wrong. But I'll bet you $10 right here and now that I'm not.

I know nothing about Sheriff Evans or his deputies. What I do know is that when a story sounds completely outrageous and unbelievable, it's usually a lie. And when someone takes their outrageous and unbelievable story to social media instead of filing charges, that doubles the likelihood that he's lying. The statement released from the Sheriff's office sounds WAY more plausible than this guy's tale.

I'll bet you the $10 that the truth is somewhere in the middle of both stories, but the dash video would tell a lot of the truth.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

As I said, the regular CCDC CO's do not have access to guns. Mr. Hall specifically stated he was handled and talked to AT THE CCDC in a particular way...and "everyone has guns". No. Everyone does not. So that is false.

I not saying what you are saying isn't the truth. Just what he might have been trying to imply.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

One of the main problems is that the sheriff's office, and all sheriffs, and police departments, have become, is nothing more than feeding more and more warm bodies into the court system for whatever charges they think they can get away with. Come on, let's face it, the sheriff's office sucks at investigating real crimes anyway. They also need to justify all the fancy toys they have as well.

PeoplesElbow

As I said, the regular CCDC CO's do not have access to guns. Mr. Hall specifically stated he was handled and talked to AT THE CCDC in a particular way...and "everyone has guns". No. Everyone does not. So that is false.

I think that is one of those statements like "its 1000 degrees outside", not meant to be taken literally. At least that is how I read it.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
According to his FB page post he IS VERY INTELLIGENT. He graduated from HS with an IQ of 187.

...and weren't you the least impressed with his hobbies?
I have taken the time to expose myself to many subjects out of curiosity alongside of many hobbies in my short time from quantum mechanics, microbiology, environmental science, chemistry, botany, genetics, anthropology, sociology, psychology, data analysis, color theory, graphic design, graphic arts, culinary arts, taxonomy, linguistics, human anatomy...just to name a few.

Just your all around Renaissance man.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
If I may ...

I not saying what you are saying isn't the truth. Just what he might have been trying to imply.

I think that is one of those statements like "its 1000 degrees outside", not meant to be taken literally. At least that is how I read it.

Quite possibly. However, he is making more than a few wild accusations, therefore, exaggerations do nothing to help his case.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Why? He's lying about so many things, why wouldn't he lie about that as well?

Because that's what lying attention whores do - they post on social media and get the retards all in a spin. He can say anything he wants on social media with absolutely no proof to back it up. If he makes a formal complaint, he's going to have to put up.

The story this guy tells is so over the top absurd that it can't possibly be true, as he presents it. It's more race baiting cops are evil bull####. Again, there's no freaking way this story can be completely true.

That sounds familiar. Like someone else we all know on social media.

As far as formal complaint, he's really going to make a formal complaint to the very agency that he claims did this to him?

Bann

PREMO Member

As far as formal complaint, he's really going to make a formal complaint to the very agency that he claims did this to him?

Why wouldn't he?

If **I** was mistreated and my civil rights were violated by a law enforcement agency, you'd better believe I would be filing a formal complaint. Go look at his FB and LinkedIn pages - he has had dozens of offers to help him gratis.

He's screaming VERY LOUD about being mistreated and having his rights violated. As citizens of this state we SHOULD all be concerned about another citizens' civil rights being violated. So, if he's going to take a stand - he should do it. He should put up or shut up. He does nothing screaming about it on FB and LinkedIn.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Why wouldn't he?

If **I** was mistreated and my civil rights were violated by a law enforcement agency, you'd better believe I would be filing a formal complaint. Go look at his FB and LinkedIn pages - he has had dozens of offers to help him gratis.

He's screaming VERY LOUD about being mistreated and having his rights violated. As citizens of this state we SHOULD all be concerned about another citizens' civil rights being violated. So, if he's going to take a stand - he should do it. He should put up or shut up. He does nothing screaming about it on FB and LinkedIn.

Who said he hasn't or isn't going to file a complaint? My comment was regarding the notion that one has to file the complaint with the very agency that he claims wronged him. Sort of like the wolf watching the hen house. That, in it's self, is inherently flawed. It would make more since for a means to be available for citizens to be able to file these sorts of complaints with an independent entity.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Jake Tapper? Jim Acosta?

If this were real, he would have a lawyer by now. Per his own words on his FB page, he has not pursued this avenue. I wonder if he's crapping himself because what was supposed to be a "look at me! pity me!" post has taken on a life of its own?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Who said he hasn't or isn't going to file a complaint? My comment was regarding the notion that one has to file the complaint with the very agency that he claims wronged him. Sort of like the wolf watching the hen house. That, in it's self, is inherently flawed. It would make more since for a means to be available for citizens to be able to file these sorts of complaints with an independent entity.

Exactly. File a complaint with the offending office and it would never see the light of day. "We investigated and found that department policy was followed." Maybe he posted it all so Evans and his minions won't be able to hide the truth? And, he may already have a lawyer, we just don't know.

Bann

PREMO Member

You file a formal criminal or civil complaint with a lawyer to the Court system. What is so hard to understand about that?

Bann

PREMO Member
Jake Tapper? Jim Acosta?

If this were real, he would have a lawyer by now. Per his own words on his FB page, he has not pursued this avenue. I wonder if he's crapping himself because what was supposed to be a "look at me! pity me!" post has taken on a life of its own?

Right. People have NO PROBLEM getting attorneys to take civil rights abuse cases these days. If you do, you're doing it wrong or you don't have a case. :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And, he may already have a lawyer, we just don't know.

He is quite forthcoming on his FB page, and as yet he does not have a lawyer, nor did he indicate he would be pursuing this matter. A number of outraged citizens have made suggestions as to how he can get "justice" - not only for himself, but for future victims of this "police brutality", and Mr. Hall has not responded to those suggestions.

Of course you don't report police misconduct to the police - or maybe you do, but that's not your only or even best avenue. You would contact a lawyer (a number have offered up their services to Mr. Hall) and, as Bann said, it gets filed with the court. Mr. Hall could contact the NAACP or ACLU and they would happily take up his cause.