Campers????

C mentioned 66, unless one of the roads with names are actually 66 it confused me.

:stupid: Oh ####, my bad - I was thinking of Greenville Farms Campground out in Haymarket - that place is a ####-hole.

I want to try Duncan Family Campground... ugh... it has been a long day...

bcp

In My Opinion
Nice campground. Want to go back with the family when it's warm.

Our troop came in 3rd, which surprises me as we only had 8 boys and most of them are younger scouts and don't know much.

I did not see any of the derby itself as we followed the directions given by the organizers (and BSA) and left the boys alone and let it be a BOY led activity, not an ADULT led activitiy. We (the adults from my troop) stayed in the campsite drinking coffee and keeping the campfire going. We did get the water boiling before the boys came back for lunch so that they could cook their lunch faster and get back to the derby action.

This was the 3rd year in a row that the troop has gone. They want to go back again next year.
We need to set up a weekend camping trip there this spring for somd types.

50amp service is on the way, then the bigger sites will be put in.

bcp

In My Opinion
:stupid: Oh ####, my bad - I was thinking of Greenville Farms Campground out in Haymarket - that place is a ####-hole.

I want to try Duncan Family Campground... ugh... it has been a long day...

Ive been wanting to try it too, but its like 15 minutes from the house, I have a hard time fitting that kind of a drive into the weekend.

Ive been wanting to try it too, but its like 15 minutes from the house, I have a hard time fitting that kind of a drive into the weekend.

:lol: Maybe we can meet up there here shortly. I just checked the rates at Bethpage and HOLY MOLY, they are outrageous... will not be going there this year.

bcp

In My Opinion
:lol: Maybe we can meet up there here shortly. I just checked the rates at Bethpage and HOLY MOLY, they are outrageous... will not be going there this year.

Daily $74.95* . Weekly $450 . Monthly $1575
*Premium Weekends are an additional $8.00 per night. $12.00 per additional person (4 years and older) at time of check-in.

HOLY CRAP

Are they bringing meals to the campsite now or something? I know they arent supplying hookers,, unless they hired someone other than the women working in that camp store last year.

bcp

In My Opinion
just for friday night and sunday night for me to bring the skillet and my adopted summer daughter, it would be 213.90 just for camp fees.

Thats just too much.

poster

HOLY CRAP

Are they bringing meals to the campsite now or something? I know they arent supplying hookers,, unless they hired someone other than the women working in that camp store last year.

Guess we'll be skipping them this summer.
I like the place but don't want to be taken advantage of.
Grey's hasn't raised their rates.

bcp

In My Opinion
Guess we'll be skipping them this summer.
I like the place but don't want to be taken advantage of.
Grey's hasn't raised their rates.

I just compared prices with a two night stay at American Heritage with the 2 day passes at Bush Gardens for the four of us, the Bush Gardens weekend is now only 80.00 more than the BethPage weekend.

Guess which one I bet we pick?

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
We were considering Duncan's Family Campground also since Bethpage raised their rates this year. I've had family go and like it and go back every year, but I haven't been there yet.

When we went this past year Duncan's was about $110 for 2 nights.. I thought that was a little high for that campground. But you are right Bethpage made a huge jump this year. But we love it there and will continue to go. The waterpark makes it worth it.. my kids LOVE it

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Yeah we won't be doing as much Bethpage as last year but we have friends will full time sites there so maybe we will visit some as the kids love the waterpark. Now that they are as expensive as Yogi Bear I think we are going to try some of them this season.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Yeah we won't be doing as much Bethpage as last year but we have friends will full time sites there so maybe we will visit some as the kids love the waterpark. Now that they are as expensive as Yogi Bear I think we are going to try some of them this season.

Now when you visit your friends you have to pay $12 a person!

Yogi Luray is great
Yogi hagerstown is not as good.. plus they raised there rates a couple years ago and it would cost my family $100 a night to stay there.

poster

Im up for it.
Ill just have to go to bed early so I can make the drive without falling asleep.

Take the time to do a driveby, we did and we will not be wasting our time.

I know with spring it'll get somewhat 'nicer' looking but even then, NO WAY.
Glad we didn't just book and try it.

poster

Any places that offer little cabins to rent? I wish we had an RV, maybe someday.

KOA's and Yogi Bear campgrounds have them.
Yogi Bear will be kind of expensive but they are worth the money in my opinion, especially if you have kiddies.
Some state parks have them also - they'll be the cheapest if you can find one.

You'll find that most campgrounds have a couple of rentals, some even rent onsite campers.