Can gunmaker be held responsible for Newtown shooting?

PsyOps

Pixelated
When you buy a ladder is there not a warning that tells you "not" to step or use the top rung,is there not a warning on a lawn mower telling you "NOT" to put your hands under the deck while it is running, is there not a warning on cigarettes "warning you they could kill you ?There does not have to be a law broken to go to court and all these warnings came from lawsuits .:whistle:

Yes, there are warning labels on these things. And when you go against these warnings you cannot hold the manufacturer libel. Certainly you can try to get it into court, but any rational court would reject the claim. If this goes to court, this sets the precedence that EVERY shooting that happens can hold the gun maker responsible. There's no way this can go to court.

edinsomd

When you buy a ladder is there not a warning that tells you "not" to step or use the top rung,is there not a warning on a lawn mower telling you "NOT" to put your hands under the deck while it is running, is there not a warning on cigarettes "warning you they could kill you ?There does not have to be a law broken to go to court and all these warnings came from lawsuits .:whistle:
Open any firearms owner's manual- the first three or four pages are disclaimers and safety instructions. Also, as I posted, manufacturers are not liable for the illegal use of their products.

But thanks for playing.

BigBlue

Yes, there are warning labels on these things. And when you go against these warnings you cannot hold the manufacturer libel. Certainly you can try to get it into court, but any rational court would reject the claim. If this goes to court, this sets the precedence that EVERY shooting that happens can hold the gun maker responsible. There's no way this can go to court.

remember , this is the same court system that gave a women a million dollars because her coffee was too hot .

Hijinx

What guns are NOT designed to kill people?

Most guns used by civilians are not designed to kill people.
Most of these weapons are designed for hunters, skeet shooters, target shooters.

The fact that they can be used to kill people is a side issue.

I never in my life bought a weapon so I could kill someone.

glhs837

Power with Control
That's all I know...I only have the "killing people kind"..:neener:

Staple guns, nail guns, and of course, that ol Pinterist favorite, the glue gun. A bit out of date, but the pricing gun never hurt anyone that I know of.......

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

I've never owned one like that. Do you have a link? Every gun I own is capable of killing someone and was designed that way. Maybe you are referring to nerf guns?...airsoft?..paintball?

Hijinx

I've never owned one like that. Do you have a link? Every gun I own is capable of killing someone and was designed that way. Maybe you are referring to nerf guns?...airsoft?..paintball?

Maybe you bought a gun to kill someone, I didn't.

You can use an automobile to kill someone but it doesn't mean it was designed for it.

Certainly they are capable, it doesn't mean it was designed to kill human beings.
Fact is I bought my first J.C. Higgins pump shotgun when I was 14 and I had no intention of killing people with it.
I went hunting with it. That is what it was designed for.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Most of these weapons are designed for hunters, skeet shooters, target shooters.

The fact that they can be used to kill people is a side issue.

I never in my life bought a weapon so I could kill someone.

What? Virtually ALL handguns are designed expressly for shooting people. We're quibbling if we try and argue that a firearm designed to take a deer at 200 yards or blast skeet out of the sky at 30 or punch holes in paper at 1,000 merely can kill people as an aside.

I break into your house in the middle of the night and all you have is a 300 winmag or a $5,000 custom trap rig, you're not gonna be at a loss for what you have and what you can do with it.

PJay

Staple guns, nail guns, and of course, that ol Pinterist favorite, the glue gun. A bit out of date, but the pricing gun never hurt anyone that I know of.......

Yes. I should have said all I cared to mention. I was just teasing Gilligan.