Can you change your dreams?

E

(((echo)))

I know they say that during deep sleep that your subconcious takes over and according to some researchers dreams are only electrical impulses fireing off and the result images are resulted in dreams..
Well question #1...
why do we have re-occuring dreams?
I am not going to go into great detail, but this morning I had one of my re-occuring dreams, well I woke up about 1/4 of the way into it as i allways do.
I fell back asleep and picked up the dream as i have done hundreds of times before HOWEVER! this time I felt as if I had control over the dream it'self, and literally changed the whole point of perspective. Instead of playing one part (or character) I was someone completely different. How is this possible?
Question #2....
It has also been researched that the only dreams you vividly remember are those played out minuites....sometimes seconds before waking up. Well I also remembered a dream a full 4 HOURS after having it, in VIVID DETAIL!?

has anyone else done this or should i seek medical attention?

B

Big Fatty

(((echo))) said:
I know they say that during deep sleep that your subconcious takes over and according to some researchers dreams are only electrical impulses fireing off and the result images are resulted in dreams..
Well question #1...
I am not going to go into great detail, but this morning I had one of my re-occuring dreams, well I woke up about 1/4 of the way into it as i allways do.
I fell back asleep and picked up the dream as i have done hundreds of times before HOWEVER! this time I felt as if I had control over the dream it'self, and literally changed the whole point of perspective. Instead of playing one part (or character) I was someone completely different. How is this possible?
Question #2....
It has also been researched that the only dreams you vividly remember are those played out minuites....sometimes seconds before waking up. Well I also remembered a dream a full 4 HOURS after having it, in VIVID DETAIL!?

Did you make a mess all over yourself, ie wetdream? If so you better leave work now and head to the emergency room.

Cowgirl

When I took Psych 101 my prof said that people can have control over their dreams. When I was living in Salisbury, I kept having dream that someone was trying to break in, or rob me, or shoot me. During one of the dreams I heard myself saying "It's just a dream...wake up." So I woke up. I never had the dream after that. :shrug:

E

(((echo)))

Cowgirl said:
When I took Psych 101 my prof said that people can have control over their dreams. When I was living in Salisbury, I kept having dream that someone was trying to break in, or rob me, or shoot me. During one of the dreams I heard myself saying "It's just a dream...wake up." So I woke up. I never had the dream after that. :shrug:
if this is true, then there must be some kind of "conditioning" or "self awareness" of the dream it'self....this was by accident i assure you

_MightyMouse_

_USMCScoutSwimmer_
(((echo))) said:
if this is true, then there must be some kind of "conditioning" or "self awareness" of the dream it'self....this was by accident i assure you

Search Sigmund Freud. His idealogies can give you some insight on dreams and dreamstates. :howdy: You always wanted a Hummer, and your dream came true...

Rael

Supper's Ready
I used to write down dreams years ago, hoping to find some secret message in them that would help me figure out everything that was wrong and make my world better. Not sure if it ever helped me, but then I'm a little thick-headed anyhow. I do believe they are a reflection of things going on with you, though.

Many who take anti-depressants will tell you how vivid their dreams are, as well as having recurring themes, sometimes even having control of the outcome.

Now wouldn't THAT be cool? Maybe I ought to start taking them. There's a few stories and dreams I've thought of which I hoped would have a different ending... :wink:

(((echo))) said:
Well question #1...
Question #2....

This happens to me all the time. So that must mean you are as normal as I am. :smile:

K

Kain99

Great Post! Yes I think we can control our dreams.... I however suck at it!

The Jackoholic

thinning out the tards
(((echo))) said:
Well question #1...
Question #2....

take your video recorder and plug the audio cables in your ears and the video cable up your nose and hit record. As you sleep your electo impulses will fire and be picked up by the recorder, the next morning you should be able to see what you dreamt the night before.