Car dealers using our roads as their loading zones

mitzi

I always enjoyed watching the county bus drive down new market turner rd 4+ miles and picking up one rider in Hearts Desire and turn around and drive them back to Hollywood where the bus came from and then doing a return trip 8 1/2 hours later. What a waste of money..
Or to see the St Mary's bus a thousand times with no one on it buy a driver, driveing up or down 5-235
The worst part is both parents of the rider are retired with great pensions.

That sounds like the medical transportation bus. If it's not on a regular route, that's what it is. They don't travel out off of their route to pick up anyone unless it's the medical bus. Plus, it's not a free service.

black dog

Free America
I agree that’s a problem and service should be expanded to include all feasible areas. Restrictions aren’t even possible without an investment in the infrastructure. Unfortunately Hogan rushes to give people crumbs instead of using the money to provide better services.

Who's going to pay for empty buses to drive all over the nation serving rural and small town America?

black dog

Free America
That sounds like the medical transportation bus. If it's not on a regular route, that's what it is. They don't travel out off of their route to pick up anyone unless it's the medical bus. Plus, it's not a free service.

I lived next to Dotsonville on New Market Turner for quite a few years, I'm aware of where the buses go and don't go in the North end of the county.
It's the Handicap bus, taking someone to Melwood for work. And it's free.
Here's off the web,
In addition, STS provides complimentary ADA Paratransit services for persons with disabilities and a Specialized Statewide Transportation Assistance Program (SSTAP) for the elderly and persons with disabilities that are not sufficiently close to the main public transportation routes.

mitzi

I lived next to Dotsonville on New Market Turner for quite a few years, I'm aware of where the buses go and don't go in the North end of the county.
It's the Handicap bus, taking someone to Melwood for work. And it's free.
Here's off the web,
In addition, STS provides complimentary ADA Paratransit services for persons with disabilities and a Specialized Statewide Transportation Assistance Program (SSTAP) for the elderly and persons with disabilities that are not sufficiently close to the main public transportation routes.

That's pretty much what I was saying. I didn't know the service was complimentary though. The Center for Life Enrichment has a bus service too.

Salmon

Listen, the goal is to encourage more ridership. With new regulations, it could change the way people go about their daily lives.

black dog

Free America
Listen, the goal is to encourage more ridership. With new regulations, it could change the way people go about their daily lives.

No one needs the government to make them ride the bus.. If that's the life you want move, from this Republic to another country that has a dictator running it.

mitzi

I had to ride the STS to work for awhile a few years ago. From Leonardtown to California. An HOUR AND 20 MINUTE ride. Now tell me, who is going to choose this if they have a choice and a vehicle.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I had to ride the STS to work for awhile a few years ago. From Leonardtown to California. An HOUR AND 20 MINUTE ride. Now tell me, who is going to choose this if they have a choice and a vehicle.

Don't expect an answer.

black dog

Free America

For 10,000 Alex, what is someone without a car..

glhs837

Power with Control

Ah, there we go. If we just use the force of govt to make you, you'll love it like Brits love the NHS. See, at the end of the day, every damn thing you want comes back the the govt making people do things they dont want to do. There are places that happens. Not here.

Salmon

Ah, there we go. If we just use the force of govt to make you, you'll love it like Brits love the NHS. See, at the end of the day, every damn thing you want comes back the the govt making people do things they dont want to do. There are places that happens. Not here.

I am not sure why you are bringing health care into this discussion, but I would welcome a public single payer system.

glhs837

Power with Control
I am not sure why you are bringing health care into this discussion, but I would welcome a public single payer system.

Becuase it's a great example of govt forcing people to do things they might not want to do. Freedom, it's a thing. Lots of people like it.

Salmon

Becuase it's a great example of govt forcing people to do things they might not want to do. Freedom, it's a thing. Lots of people like it.

You can have your freedom and health care too. They are not mutually exclusive. I think we will be more free when big pharma and insurance companies lose their strong hold over us.