Carver (Am I expecting too much)

blitz10

This_person said:
All I'm saying is that the teachers are either unwilling or unable to get a solid foundation under the kids by themselves. They need parental involvement. As a parent, you should be involved. Of course there are good teachers who love what they do and do a good job. I don't think that's most of the teachers though. Obviously, by definition, most teachers are average. An average teacher, in my history, isn't enough alone to teach with minimal parental involvement. The person I was responding to was a homeschooler for years, so obviously more than minimally involved - but felt that teachers should need only minimal involvement from parents to get through to the kids. I was agreeing in theory, but saying I know it doesn't even come close to working in practice.

you dont have a clue...i hope you are home schooling....teachers are not unwilling....the foundation MUST START at home only to be reinforced at school...along with the academic that must be taught :jameo:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
blitz10 said:
most teachers love what they do ....ask them its not for the money
Yep, it's for all the time off..

Ask them BEFORE they are teachers, why they want to be teachers..

That's the answer you'll get, that and all the partying they can do while they are in school.

blitz10

itsbob said:
Yep, it's for all the time off..

Ask them BEFORE they are teachers, why they want to be teachers..

That's the answer you'll get, that and all the partying they can do while they are in school.

trust me its will deserved for the money they make and the shiat they deal with through the years, from parent admin and students :howdy:

crazywkidz3

I've read many of the replies and it seems most everyone has great views. It is both the parents as well as the schools responsibilities we can not lay blame on just one. It no longer takes just the parent to raise a good child it takes a community. Its not b/c a parent does not want to instill good values or the ideas of the importance of a good education (most parents) Its b/c most households out their have both parents working. So who's raising the children, the daycare providers, the teachers.... Its not always a bad thing, Does it make the parents bad parents? No I don't necessarily think so. Its just hard and its easy for the parents to lose track of all the things they promised themselves they would instill in their children. Most of us posting are lucky we grew up when we did. I kept my children out of day care for a long time b/c I wanted to raise my children, I try really hard to instill good things in my children, and everyday is a struggle, even more know with my children in school. My point is I don't think the schools need to do more b/c I want to do less. They need to do more b/c society has changed. More is expected of teachers and more should be delivered, the children that behave should not suffer at the hands of disruptive students, its a teachers job to reach all the children. I believe in public schools. I'm a product of them, am I the smartest person out there hell no, but I go to work everyday.

This_person

crazywkidz3 said:
I've read many of the replies and it seems most everyone has great views. It is both the parents as well as the schools responsibilities we can not lay blame on just one. It no longer takes just the parent to raise a good child it takes a community. Its not b/c a parent does not want to instill good values or the ideas of the importance of a good education (most parents) Its b/c most households out their have both parents working. So who's raising the children, the daycare providers, the teachers.... Its not always a bad thing, Does it make the parents bad parents? No I don't necessarily think so. Its just hard and its easy for the parents to lose track of all the things they promised themselves they would instill in their children. Most of us posting are lucky we grew up when we did. I kept my children out of day care for a long time b/c I wanted to raise my children, I try really hard to instill good things in my children, and everyday is a struggle, even more know with my children in school. My point is I don't think the schools need to do more b/c I want to do less. They need to do more b/c society has changed. More is expected of teachers and more should be delivered, the children that behave should not suffer at the hands of disruptive students, its a teachers job to reach all the children. I believe in public schools. I'm a product of them, am I the smartest person out there hell no, but I go to work everyday.
:howdy:
Very good points! It's always taken the community, but the community isn't there like it was for us when we were kids. :cheers:

blitz10

This_person said:
:jerry:
I'm not sure why you keep attacking me personally - we agree on the main thrust. I'm not home schooling. I made sure the foundation did start at home. There are unwilling teachers. There are willing but incompetant teachers. And, there are teachers that do the job well. It is the parent's responsibility to assure the kids are learning, that the teachers are doing their jobs, and to fill in the gaps when (not if) they come across those teachers who are unable or unwilling. Look at the statistics - actual knowledge level and standards have dropped for years! If you want your own kids to learn, you the parent have to make sure it happens much of the time. Perhaps we'll just have to agree to agree that parents need to be involved with their kids, and agree to disagree as to whether all teachers do fantastic jobs all of the time and it's always someone else's fault when a kid doesn't learn in the teacher's classroom.

sorry if it sounds as thou i am attacking you ...it is upsetting to hear parents who want teachers to raise there children....teachers are there to do a job and if they are good it will extend to not only a job but a helping hand for the parents...i do not have kids because it is a HUGE responsiabilty and in till i am ready to raise them MYSELF i will not have one...teachers (not all) for the most part do more then they need to because they love the kids...i promise you this...unfortunatlly i see alot of parents who show no respect to the proffession and it shows in the kids..hard to teach when you have to raise too...and remeber for teachers its 30 plus kids a day not one or two :howdy: