Celibacy

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
awg9tech said:
Bob specifically said he was not against the Catholic religion, but against the corrupt Catholic church.

However, since the religion and the church are the same thing (all run by the Pope and his people), I can see how you might take offense.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
awg9tech said:
So, it's a matter of numbers? That's why I asked earlier how many would it take for you to be anti-Protestant. One could argue that proportionally there are just as many cover-ups in any other church, it’s just not sensational news.

:confused:
Whats so hard to understand.. That I don't dislike or hate someone because of their beliefs? I don't dislike an individual because they go to church, but that doesn't mean I like their church, or have to agree with their church to befriend them.

I sat in a Catholic church and watched, wasn't too fond of what I saw. But I respectfully sat their as I was invited to attend, and after we broke bread together.

You've attempted to argue about the cover ups in all the other churches and have failed to produce one iota of proof. Yes, there is child molestation in churches of all kinds, even the boy scouts have had their share of problems, yet you still haven't provided one piece of evidence, other then the lame words someone probably whipered in your ears, and you chose to believe.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:
Bob specifically said he was not against the Catholic religion, but against the corrupt Catholic church.

However, since the religion and the church are the same thing (all run by the Pope and his people), I can see how you might take offense.
Thank you!

I even have friends that are DEMOCRATS!!! (at least I THINK I do)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
itsbob said:
even the boy scouts have had their share of problems
I'd be curious if there are numerous instances of a Boy Scout leader who raped his young charges, then was simply moved to a new troop and the family paid off to not press charges or make a stink about it.

awg9tech

vraiblonde said:

No offence, I'm not Catholic.

awg9tech

itsbob said:
You've attempted to argue about the cover ups in all the other churches and have failed to produce one iota of proof. Yes, there is child molestation in churches of all kinds, even the boy scouts have had their share of problems, yet you still haven't provided one piece of evidence, other then the lame words someone probably whipered in your ears, and you chose to believe.

No attempt made to show any cover ups in any church, just pointing out that it does exist. To think that it does not go on because you don’t see it on the news is absurd. And since you're basing your hate (yes, you used hate in previous post) of the Catholic church on that reporting, I would assume that if it were reported about of other churches they too would feel your “wrath”. However, since the networks do not think it news worthy you’d never know that it exists.

5 seconds with Google reviled this:
http://www.boston.com/globe/spotlight/abuse/stories3/110402_baptist.htm
So, from 1982 to 2002, it was "covered up".

I realize that this is only one instance, but I don’t know what your hate per incident quota is and I’ll leave your spoon feeding to CNN

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm going to start my own church..

No funky arm and hand signals.. no "props".. no silly statues..

Just a room, people and beer.

MMDad

Lem Putt
itsbob said:
I'm going to start my own church..

No funky arm and hand signals.. no "props".. no silly statues..

Just a room, people and beer.
Sign me up. Baptism by beer. Fill a hot tub and it'll be just like the Mormons do it, except for the belching.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
MMDad said:
Sign me up. Baptism by beer. Fill a hot tub and it'll be just like the Mormons do it, except for the belching.
Our first Come To Beer meeting will be Memorial Day Week-End..

Someone bring Pretzels, and salted Beer Nuts for our communion..

willie

MMDad said:
Let me preface this with the comment that I am not trying to :elaine: , I am just trying to understand what Catholicism is based on.

I am not aware of anything in the Bible that advocates celibacy, by priests or anyone else. In fact, I see "be fruitful and multiply" to be pretty straightforward.

Is there any biblical basis for priests to be celibate?
The Catholics have it all wrong. The translation should have been "celebrate" be fruitful and multiply.