Celtic Fest

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Still my all time favorite photo, Spring 2013

dan0623_2000

If you like the Celtic Fest you would probably love the Maryland Renn Faire. It started this past weekend and goes for another 8 or 9 weekends. It is in Crowsville, just outside of Annapolis

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Still my all time favorite photo, Spring 2013

I believe I know who that is, too. I've worked with many of them over the years while volunteering. One year, after Thing2 had graduated, he and a couple of his buddies from his NJROTC/high school days wore "utility" kilts when they were volunteering with the set up crew. Thing2 has volunteered thru the years since he was about 10 years old. It's pretty cool seeing those manly guys rocking their kilts, and paying homage to their Celtic heritage. :yay:

Bann

PREMO Member
If I may ...

Is this another way of saying White Supremacists gathering? It just doesn't seem inclusive enough, unlike the annual African American Family Community Day, which of course, is inclusive.

You're an idiot.

The Celtic Heritages celebrated at the Southern Maryland Celtic Festival and Highland Gathering are: Breton, Cornish, Irish, Manx, Scots, and Welsh.

It is, indeed, very inclusive. There are NO ethnic requirements to join the Celtic Society of Southern Maryland and there are many people from all ethnic backgrounds who attend the annual festival, as a matter of fact.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I was hoping they’d found a way to reschedule it to the fall. My hopes have been dashed.

Bann

PREMO Member
I was hoping they’d found a way to reschedule it to the fall. My hopes have been dashed.
It's hard to do that -not only is JPP booked a YEAR in advance (not just by the CSSM) the many vendors, performers (musicians, Highland Dancers, Pipers, athletes) all have to plan months ahead for these festivals that they attend. Many competitions are in succession where one region has theirs, and rhen another and another. Dancers and/or Pipers/competitors go to one after another, etc.

The last Saturday of April is the date of our CSSM Festival. It will be a welcome return in 2022, for sure!!! :yay:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You're an idiot.

The Celtic Heritages celebrated at the Southern Maryland Celtic Festival and Highland Gathering are: Breton, Cornish, Irish, Manx, Scots, and Welsh.

It is, indeed, very inclusive. There are NO ethnic requirements to join the Celtic Society of Southern Maryland and there are many people from all ethnic backgrounds who attend the annual festival, as a matter of fact.

Apparently you missed the intended :sarcasm:?

Bann

PREMO Member
You're an idiot.

I thought I was replying here to Light Roasted's comment about the White Supremacist gathering. I guess he deleted his comment - not sure why my highlighted post disappeared, too. 🤷