Charles County officer murders dog

tiny tim

Just got this email, what a shame....and its here to...

http://wwwstmarystoday.com/News/Family_dog_dead.html

Family Dog Killed by Charles County Deputy

On Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at approximately 2:30 PM, our beloved “Max” a 6-year-old black German Sheppard, was gunned down on our doorstep by Charles County Deputy C Long. Allegedly Deputy Long arrived at our home to serve a warrant on an individual who did not even live with us. He parked on the side of our house, went to our front door and 2 side doors, when no one answered he proceeded around our garage to the side door of the garage. He stated he acknowledged our dog Max when he walked by him. Max, who was on his leash, allegedly snapped at the officer and then the officer allegedly shot Max multiple times in the head, jaw and neck, breaking his choker collar and leaving him to die 2 feet from our door. The officer allegedly went back to his car and called for back up which during that time our son arrived, not seeing anything but Max lying in a pool of blood, picked him up, put him in his truck and raced to the vet in Prince Frederick, but Max died along the way. When my husband and I arrived home shortly after, we found the Benedict Ambulance, 2 unmarked police cars, the animal control van, and 2 Deputy Sheriff cars in our yard, and we still were not sure what had happened. Officer Long was in the ambulance and we were not allowed to speak with him. We were then told they had to take Max with them to do a Rabies test, even though we presented documentation that proved all his shots were up to date, including Rabies. A horrible situation got even worse when they told us we would get our dog back without his head, as that is how they test for rabies! We were told “off the record” that the officer barely needed a band aide, that his pants weren’t even torn. The sadness, pain and distress this situation has caused is indescribable. He was a member of our family and undeniably my husband’s best friend, he spent hours with Max each day, they did everything together. Was his murder justified – NO!

Sharon & Joe Mattia
Hughesville
301-274-3434 (Home)
301-848-9446 (Cell)

so this is the other 'cop kills dog' thread. too long to read. soryr.

dawn

Well, the Mattia's son has another warrant for his arrest. If you know his whereabouts contact Crime Solvers at 888-411-TIPS! What a dirt bag!

Well the Mattias have another dog, so lets just hope Officer Long isnt the one to serve this warrant! Or better yet, they realize before hand that the kid doesnt live at the Mattia house anymore.

update....

I searched, I dont see where there is an active warrant for him... where do you see it at?

Last edited:

TurboK9

Wow long thread.

How to NOT get your dog shot:

1) Do not leave it outside when you are not home, unless confined to a pen or kennel area seperated from the yard at large.

2) If an inside dog train the dog for offleash recall and control.

If the cops come to your house, either 1 or 2 will go a loooong way towards keeping your dog safe.