Cheating Democrats/Republicans

This_person

I think you hit it dead on.

It's that Edwards was...#1, being SOOOO..behind his wife and her illness...all the time hiding that secret that he messed around on her. And #2, as Larry pointed out before...look at that GIANT risk it would have been if he'd actually become the Dems' nominee.

Another question is if she (Elizabeth Edwards) already knew about this, or if it came as a surprise to her on Friday.

We (those of us that follow politics) often ask why we're stuck with the choices we're stuck with. And we often joke that the smart ones know better than to get into it.

They know that all of their dirty laundry will eventually make it on Prime Time CNN...and best interestst and abilities be damned...who can pass that test, anymore???

And this is why we're stuck with what we have.

:frown:

:buddies:
This is certainly part of it. It evokes images of her lying in bed, begging for someone to take care of her while her husband is out "taking care" of someone else. It's supposedly not what happened, but it's still that image.

And, quite frankly, the lying to the public makes it gobs worse. When you're offering yourself up for one of the most important jobs in the world, the people expect you to lie about some motives for wanting the job, about secret deals with other countries, about some of your funding, etc. But, the people expect you to be adult enough to say, "yup, I screwed around on my spouse, and I hate myself for it. It was a private and personal dark period between my spouse and I, and we worked our way through it, and we're better off for it now." Or, something to that effect. Be a man, own up to your mistake, don't point your finger and lie at the camera, at the American people, costing hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars to find you out (yes, I know I'm speaking of a different louse, but you get the point). When direct lies about things that don't really matter to your politics are caught, people have a tendency to lose any faith in you. So, like Bush did when he apologized to the family of the reporter he accidently dissed on mic when he thought it was off, own up to your position/opinion/action. Bush said he was sorry for the pain it caused the guy's family, not for thinking the guy is an azz. I believed him, and he didn't compromise his position. I'll never believe a thing that comes out of Bill, Hillary, Al, JFKerry, or John Edward's mouths.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, good - since you're not ignoring me, let me just press my "luck":

It doesn't shock me that powerful men have affairs. It pretty much comes with the territory, no matter what your political persuasion.

It also doesn't shock me when Congressmen say one thing and do another - they are not there to lead, they are there to represent. So if Joe Cheaterass Gayboy votes against same-sex marriage and touts family values, that's what he was sent there by voters to do. If his district/state doesn't like it, they will throw him out in the next election.

What pisses me off, and Bann already said this and I touched on it, is how differently this stuff is reported by the MSM, depending on whether the culprit is a Democrat or Republican. Like Pete said, they're fawning on Edwards as an "imperfect man" just like they did with Clinton, and talking forgiveness and "it's between him and his wife, and none of our business."

Yet when it's a Republican, the media eviscerates them and drums up as much dirt as they possibly can, even stooping to pure speculation.

Rudy Giuliani was raked over the coals for his affair with his now wife when he was technically married to Donna Hanover. But they neglected to mention that Giuliani and Hanover had been estranged for years, and he actually had moved out of Gracie Mansion because she wouldn't get the hell out. Then she sued him for divorce, citing infidelity, and it came out in court that Rudy was impotent because of his prostate cancer, so he hadn't been physically unfaithful to Hanover at all. The media didn't like to talk about that, but they sure brought out the charges when he was running in the primary last year.

Just like he was raked over the coals for his friendship with Bernard Kerik, who was convicted of tax fraud, yet we're supposed to ignore Barack Obama's more sketchy relationships.

The whole thing is bull####, and whenever I hear someone whine about how the media is slanted Right, I laugh in their face.

It's the bias and preferential treatment that pisses me off, not the actual (whatever they did).

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!

It doesn't shock me that powerful men have affairs. It pretty much comes with the territory, no matter what your political persuasion.

It also doesn't shock me when Congressmen say one thing and do another - they are not there to lead, they are there to represent. So if Joe Cheaterass Gayboy votes against same-sex marriage and touts family values, that's what he was sent there by voters to do. If his district/state doesn't like it, they will throw him out in the next election.

What pisses me off, and Bann already said this and I touched on it, is how differently this stuff is reported by the MSM, depending on whether the culprit is a Democrat or Republican. Like Pete said, they're fawning on Edwards as an "imperfect man" just like they did with Clinton, and talking forgiveness and "it's between him and his wife, and none of our business."

Yet when it's a Republican, the media eviscerates them and drums up as much dirt as they possibly can, even stooping to pure speculation.

Rudy Giuliani was raked over the coals for his affair with his now wife when he was technically married to Donna Hanover. But they neglected to mention that Giuliani and Hanover had been estranged for years, and he actually had moved out of Gracie Mansion because she wouldn't get the hell out. Then she sued him for divorce, citing infidelity, and it came out in court that Rudy was impotent because of his prostate cancer, so he hadn't been physically unfaithful to Hanover at all. The media didn't like to talk about that, but they sure brought out the charges when he was running in the primary last year.

Just like he was raked over the coals for his friendship with Bernard Kerik, who was convicted of tax fraud, yet we're supposed to ignore Barack Obama's more sketchy relationships.

The whole thing is bull####, and whenever I hear someone whine about how the media is slanted Right, I laugh in their face.

It's the bias and preferential treatment that pisses me off, not the actual (whatever they did).

..................................:buddies:

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
It only counts if you are having an affair while berating your fellow congressmen for being caught having theirs.

I don't remember Edwards ever being a 'holier than though' type. That's an area for Republicans to belong to.

Okay.

Let's all just set the ground rules for the RU here at SOMD.COM

What affairs "count"...as in...which affairs are evil and that person should never consider a job in politics? And which affairs are "okay", and they can still run for office...because we support "those" affairs?

We should decide: Is lying about an affair more disgusting...or is the whole "####ing someone who isn't your wife" thing more disgusting???

And is lying about who you're ####ing more despicable than lying about how you're spending taxpayers money???

We need to come up with one standard to judge all.

Which is the most offensive? Where do we draw the line?

(I know how this is going to play out...but just for fun....:coffee:...)

Try not to be ignorant. I'll just ignore you like all the rest.

Just be on topic or don't post at all.

bcp

In My Opinion
It only counts if you are having an affair while berating your fellow congressmen for being caught having theirs.

I don't remember Edwards ever being a 'holier than though' type. That's an area for Republicans to belong to.
yep, I cant ever remember any dem that put down a republican for anything that they did.

:sarcasm:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
:ringring:

USSS: May I help you?
Baja: Keraddy is threatening that W is boinking Condi!
USSS: WHAT??? :yikes: That effing, queer panty waste. We'll just have to pay him a visit! He has no idea the trouble he's in.
Baja: Take it easy on the douche. He's never been laid (except when the boys from the hood gang raped him) and I almost feel sorry for him. He's been abused his entire life.
USSS: Sorry Mike, he's gone too far. He has a knock on his door coming. Thanks for the call.
Baja: NP dude. Just doing my part as a good American! Cya.
:click:

Pete

Repete
Okay.

Let's all just set the ground rules for the RU here at SOMD.COM

What affairs "count"...as in...which affairs are evil and that person should never consider a job in politics? And which affairs are "okay", and they can still run for office...because we support "those" affairs?

We should decide: Is lying about an affair more disgusting...or is the whole "####ing someone who isn't your wife" thing more disgusting???

And is lying about who you're ####ing more despicable than lying about how you're spending taxpayers money???

We need to come up with one standard to judge all.

Which is the most offensive? Where do we draw the line?

(I know how this is going to play out...but just for fun....:coffee:...)

Try not to be ignorant. I'll just ignore you like all the rest.

Just be on topic or don't post at all.

It must suck to be so desperate that after your gross hypocrisy is exposed you have to try and set rules to try and hide it.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
It must suck to be so desperate that after your gross hypocrisy is exposed you have to try and set rules to try and hide it.
Now Pete, you know damn well that facts annoy the hell out of liberals. What's he supposed to do??

I bet he's one of the DU folks with his finger on the "ban" button over there. Soon as someone posts a fact or opposing opinion, *POOF* they're gone and Kerad is doing the happy dance.

Pete

Repete
Finally! Someone addressing the question! :yahoo:

I admit, I'm damned pissed off at Edwards for running for President as he was actively lying about an affair. No doubt.

But, when you look at the majority of our "name brand" politicians...most have them have had affairs, as well.

So...I think we ( the regulars that post in our "Politics" forum) just need to get to a point where we come to some sort of agreement.

What are we angry about? The affair.....the lying about the affair...or what??? Is it "okay" to have an affair...but not lie about it??? Is "okay" for someone who never had an affair to lie about wasting out taxpayer's money?

Is it the sex...or the lying???

What makes one affair acceptable...and another, unforgivable?
Point being when you and you merry band of jackass malcontents see an opportunity to bash a republican who is caught with their pants down you link it, post it, and beat it to death. YET when one of your brand name liberals get caught poking Polly you get all huffy and want to diminish what THEY did.

There is a name for someone who is quick to point out GOP failings with utter glee, then pout and spin and try to come up with rules of when it is bad and when it is not when their own gets caught. It is called a spoiled brat hypocrite.

Watching you squirm is a beautiful thing. :killingme

daileyck1

So when you find out your spouse/SO is boinking someone over 18, all is fine. Gotcha. :yay:

No it is not fine It's just none of your business.

Forestal does make a good point.

When congressman x campaigns for family values and preaches
holier than though crap. And then gets busted with a prostitute.
Well.....

Last edited:
R

RadioPatrol

it all shows a lack of morals ...

you have the affair, of course you have to lie about it .... after the whole affair thing is a lie to start with ....

Nobody in public office should be given the public trust, if you cannot trust them to be faithful to there Marriage Vows .... a Morals Clause should be part of any Public Office .... :evil:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
it all shows a lack of morals ...

you have the affair, of course you have to lie about it .... after the whole affair thing is a lie to start with ....

Nobody in public office should be given the public trust, if you cannot trust them to be faithful to there Marriage Vows .... a Morals Clause should be part of any Public Office .... :evil:
Well that would pretty much empty out the goverment.

R

RadioPatrol

Well.....

Yep it diminishes the message .... do you think any better of Edwards the Ambulance chaser .... the guy was a Sleaze with sleazy dealings before anyone found out his dipping his wick somewhere else .....

the whole mortgage company thing ?:evil:

BlueBird

Excellent points made here and a great example for making your point. I was very angry over the way the media treated Guiliani. I was a huge supporter and often felt that the media contributed much more than it should have towards his demise. Just another reason why I think family history should be left alone by the media when covering any candidate.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Well.....
Oh, you mean Edwards?? :jet:
Edwards, 52, also hopes to define himself after last year's bruising race as a Democrat who has strong convictions and, yes, a set of moral values that liberals and moderates could learn to love -- not least the southern voters Edwards would need to win the 2008 nomination and the White House. Edwards Builds New Platform
Born and raised a Southern Baptist who drifted away from church and then returned to it, Edwards said faith is fine in political discourse if it is authentic: "It is not a good idea to treat faith as a strategy. Invoking the name of God 50 times in a political speech is a mistake."

But that does not mean leaving God out of political speeches. "You know, the Lord gave us minds to think," Edwards said in Chicago, "but He also gave us hearts to inspire us."

Pete

Repete

How about a blogger who was reporting the stuff as long ago as September 07 and it has been ignored by the Leftist MSM, and even after the Enquirer broke it they STILL did not climb on.

Breaking: The John Edwards affair story is about to flare up again | Radosh.net

You have to wonder WTF the state of our media is that NBC, ABC, CNN, CBS, MSNBC all got scooped by the freaking Enquirer. :bs: They knew and ignored it hoping it would go away.

If some obscure blogger insinuated a GOPer was having an affair or the MSM got wind of it you can bet your ass the Enquirer would not be beating them to the story.

For the record I would like the left wing stooges to admit the homo Larry Craig just tapped his foot in an airport bathroom and he was run out of town on a rail wearing tar and feathers and it was all over the news 24/7 for weeks but poor old silky pony is getting the silk glove treatment.

The point the leftards kept harping on over and over was "Craig is a hypocrite he votes against gay issues and acts all moral but he is trolling for wiener and he is gay. It is not that he is gay it is that he is a hypocrite".

Well the Breck Girl Edwards couldn't have preened himself any harder as the sweet boy moral candidate. Hell the web movie he paid his hump mate $130K his "morals" the center point.

McCain had an affair 30 years ago, got divorced and remairried and since then I assume he has been faithful. He was not the "morals" candidate for president of the United States, who trotted his cancer patient wife out so he could stand behind her for the cameras then promptly turned around DURING his campaign for POTUS and banged a pass around chick.

Does this make McCain's affair less than Edwards? No, what does matter is how he came clean, it was 30 years ago and he hasn't had an affair since.

Last edited:

Kerad

Point being when you and you merry band of jackass malcontents see an opportunity to bash a republican who is caught with their pants down you link it, post it, and beat it to death. YET when one of your brand name liberals get caught poking Polly you get all huffy and want to diminish what THEY did.

There is a name for someone who is quick to point out GOP failings with utter glee, then pout and spin and try to come up with rules of when it is bad and when it is not when their own gets caught. It is called a spoiled brat hypocrite.

Watching you squirm is a beautiful thing. :killingme

Oh please. :lol: You're just carrying grudges from other posts. Are you married??? If so, would your wife be more upset that you ####ed another woman...or lied about it?

Probably both?!?! :shrug:

Ask her which was worse.