Chicago releases video of shooting

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why? Citizens don't care about it and as long as "it's how I was trained",or "I feared for my life", or "in this day and age" is a reasonable justification for shooting an unarmed person you followed around, nothign will change.

yeah I don't by that crap ..... cops are paid to take a bullet

Chris0nllyn

Based on the "hesitat[ed]" reference it looks like you are interested in just that.

In either case, we were discussing the "cop" not whatever mystery person you are dreaming about now.

Dude, go back and slowly read the conversation.

How a functioning adult can't keep up with words on their screen is beyond me, but maybe you'll figure it out. Your link sucked and in no way proved what you quoted, that's it.

Chris0nllyn

yeah I don't by that crap ..... cops are paid to take a bullet

They are paid to enforce laws. The fear that they could take a bullet while doing so drives a number of things, but I'd argue that's not what they get paid to do.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Dude, go back and slowly read the conversation.

How a functioning adult can't keep up with words on their screen is beyond me, but maybe you'll figure it out. Your link sucked and in no way proved what you quoted, that's it.

I'm not sure why you can't keep up or play your games but if you don't like the responses, feel free to ignore my posts. :lmao:

black dog

Free America
They should but they don't. How do we get the multitude of Federal, State, and Local LE agencies to adopt a set of ROE nationwide?

As hard as it is for me to say, since the States haven't taken care of this problem it's time to pass Federal laws with the basic standards needed to discharge a firearm at a citizen. Then the States can decide if the want to stay with the basic standards or make their State laws more stringent.

black dog

Free America
They are paid to enforce laws. The fear that they could take a bullet while doing so drives a number of things, but I'd argue that's not what they get paid to do.

No they are not, Their purpose is to uphold the law after the fact.
If they were paid to enforce the law everyone would have one in there back pocket..

Chris0nllyn

I'm not sure why you can't keep up or play your games but if you don't like the responses, feel free to ignore my posts. :lmao:

For every example as the OP, there are just as many where the police hesitate to use deadly force and it ends up in tragedy for the police.

There was one in NC last night.

In your mind, walking up to a car and being shot is hesitating to use force. :dork:

Chris0nllyn

like firefighters get paid to go into burning buildings ....

Right. They aren't paid to get burned (to use your example in another way).

No they are not, Their purpose is to uphold the law after the fact.
If they were paid to enforce the law everyone would have one in there back pocket..

If they witness someone jaywalking, for instance, and give them a ticket. Are they enforcing jaywakling laws, or upholding jaywalking laws after the fact, or both?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I wanna go home to my family ... Troops in combat zones, have stricter Rules of Engagement

If you are gonna quote me, please don't change the text. This could lead to confusion about what was originally written. Next thing you know, people will be saying I said I could see Russia from my house.

stgislander

PREMO Member
As hard as it is for me to say, since the States haven't taken care of this problem it's time to pass Federal laws with the basic standards needed to discharge a firearm at a citizen. Then the States can decide if the want to stay with the basic standards or make their State laws more stringent.

:yay:

black dog

Free America
If you are gonna quote me, please don't change the text. This could lead to confusion about what was originally written. Next thing you know, people will be saying I said I could see Russia from my house.

Silly,,, Spin your RV around...

black dog

Free America
Right. They aren't paid to get burned (to use your example in another way).

If they witness someone jaywalking, for instance, and give them a ticket. Are they enforcing jaywakling laws, or upholding jaywalking laws after the fact, or both?

Said person had to Jaywalk before a Jaywalking ticket could be earned.
After the fact..

Now the word Enforcement, covers lots of territory. Like all government programs it's been constantly expanding since we started with LE here in the USA. . Most departments in the US need massive retraining on constitutional law....

LE job it to uphold the law after it's been broken..

Hijinx

I may be wrong, but I don't see any way to write an ROE for police officers as to when they can shoot and when they cannot.

Too many different circumstances and an officer if he wants to stay alive cannot have thoughts of an ROE running through his mind when the SHTF.
Instantaneous action is sometimes called for. But if the suspect is running away and isn't shooting back, he has no business getting shot.