Chick-fil-A renovation - FAIL

sunshine98

The First Colony Chick-fil-A major renovation is complete and the parking lot/drive thru is still a fuster cluck. Lunch traffic was backed up in the middle lane all the way back to Giant. Of course, people coming the other way turning right into Chick blocked the through lane. And people came from Target area and cut the entire line by shooting right across into Chick. The only up side was that they removed the hedges along 235, so I could watch the guy with the pink hair dance down the sidewalk while I waited and waited for my food to come out.

SamSpade

Obviously - people like their Chik-Fil-A.

So the SENSIBLE thing to do - is open ANOTHER one. Maybe somewhere down Great Mills.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Give it a week or two and it'll probably go back to normal. Whenever something new opens up, it gets swamped for a few weeks then dies off.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Cuddlers. That's how Chipotle used to be, and may still be, at lunch time. Like there aren't 8 million places to go for lunch in that area.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I don't think it's all that anyway. Used to be better, crisp fries and chicken, but now that SO many people come thru that the quality has slipped. Certainly not worth waiting on the long line or getting into a scuffle with other drivers.

jrt_ms1995

I don't think it's all that anyway. Used to be better, crisp fries and chicken, but now that SO many people come thru that the quality has slipped. Certainly not worth waiting on the long line or getting into a scuffle with other drivers.
And no more chicken, egg & cheese bagel for breakfast, either! 😭

3CATSAILOR

The First Colony Chick-fil-A major renovation is complete and the parking lot/drive thru is still a fuster cluck. Lunch traffic was backed up in the middle lane all the way back to Giant. Of course, people coming the other way turning right into Chick blocked the through lane. And people came from Target area and cut the entire line by shooting right across into Chick. The only up side was that they removed the hedges along 235, so I could watch the guy with the pink hair dance down the sidewalk while I waited and waited for my food to come out.
I had no problem. They do seem a l little more busy than usual. Ann Marie was her usual chatty self.

TPD

the poor dad
Chick-fil-A traffic obstructing regular traffic flow because their parking lot is too small, but yet if I build a new hardware store in Ridge, I will be required to have 40 parking spaces that I will only fill once or twice a year and I will have to spend thousands in upgrades to Route 5 for ingress and egress IN RIDGE. The deck is stacked against small businesses but the red carpet is rolled out for large corporate entities. Pisses me the *uck off!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chick-fil-A traffic obstructing regular traffic flow because their parking lot is too small, but yet if I build a new hardware store in Ridge, I will be required to have 40 parking spaces that I will only fill once or twice a year and I will have to spend thousands in upgrades to Route 5 for ingress and egress IN RIDGE. The deck is stacked against small businesses but the red carpet is rolled out for large corporate entities. Pisses me the *uck off!

You need to buy you some county officials.

Can you write palm greasing off as a business expense?

PeoplesElbow

Dumbest thing ever is having to wait in the drive thru line just so I can go inside to eat. If it was just me I would park at target and walk over but I have an old lady with me that needs a handicapped space as close as possible.

I frequent a Chick-fil-a in Mt Airy that does not have this problem, the drive thru and the parking lot are separate.

TPD

the poor dad
I read an article recently that stated only 10% of McDonalds customers actually eat inside their restaurants. I guess this is the reason for all of the fast food drive thru renovations recently to add additional lanes.

sm8

Dumbest thing ever is having to wait in the drive thru line just so I can go inside to eat. If it was just me I would park at target and walk over but I have an old lady with me that needs a handicapped space as close as possible.

I frequent a Chick-fil-a in Mt Airy that does not have this problem, the drive thru and the parking lot are separate.
The handicapped spots are now outside of the parking lot. If you go in the entrance by Bob Evans and around you can park without having to wait in line.

sm8

I feel like they almost need to have lines painted all the way out to the road or have someone at the entrance directing traffic when it backs out onto the road. If they could of taken away a couple spots on the end and had three lanes in and one out (each drive through and to the parking lot) it might have worked better.

Grumpy

Wonder if the chick-fil-A in this thread is worse than the one in PF? Wife's car was hit in their parking lot by someone confused by the way it was set up.

They messed it up big time. They now have two drive through lanes. One for picking up online orders and one for placing normal drive through orders. The issue is, Traffic is backed up single lane on to the main road with the light that you turn into first colony. On top of that you have traffic coming from best buy trying to get in. We saw the line, parked at target and went in. The normally line inside was huge, so we sat at a table and went to do the order from your seat thing where you scan the number on your table, order online and they bring your food. That it turns out was turned off. You had three options. Order online and pick up through drive through, wait in the huge line, or curbside. You could not even do curbside because you cant get in and order the parking lot. We ended up leaving.

The plot of land the Chickfila is on is too small. It needs to be rebuilt somewhere else with a bunch of unused parking lot like Laurel Glenn or Wildewood shopping center.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Chick-fil-A traffic obstructing regular traffic flow because their parking lot is too small,

Question ....

I've only seen Chick Fil A's as part of a larger enterprise, like on the periphery of a larger parking lot, never a stand alone .... do they get over because the are adjacent and can claim some of those spaces as part of their plain ?

SamSpade

They messed it up big time. They now have two drive through lanes. One for picking up online orders and one for placing normal drive through orders. The issue is, Traffic is backed up single lane on to the main road with the light that you turn into first colony. On top of that you have traffic coming from best buy trying to get in. We saw the line, parked at target and went in. The normally line inside was huge, so we sat at a table and went to do the order from your seat thing where you scan the number on your table, order online and they bring your food. That it turns out was turned off. You had three options. Order online and pick up through drive through, wait in the huge line, or curbside. You could not even do curbside because you cant get in and order the parking lot. We ended up leaving.

The plot of land the Chickfila is on is too small. It needs to be rebuilt somewhere else with a bunch of unused parking lot like Laurel Glenn or Wildewood shopping center.
I've always wondered why that plot of land in the plaza with Hobby Lobby and Harbor Freight - all the way at the end - remains undeveloped?
There's also the huge parking area next to it - never being used. As in - never. Not even during Christmas.

Admittedly it's not at all convenient for fast food - but neither is that fuster cluck at First Colony.