1 can (16 oz) Kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 can (15 oz) Pinto beans, rinsed & drained
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatos, undrained
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
8 oz process cheese (Velveeta) cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

In a soup kettle or dutch oven, cook the sausage & beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through....
Very simple and very good......

Cream of mushroom soup? Velveeta? Interesting. :eyebrow:

We need a forum chili cookoff. :yay:

sparkyaclown

This is the one I do when I want something fast and easy

1 lb ground beef
1 small onion (chopped)
1 green pepper (chopped)
1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 can tomato sauce (sometimes I add 2)
1 can kidney beans (drained)
3 TBSP Worchestire sauce
1 packet chili seasoning
couple of squirts of your favorite hot sauce (optional)

In a skillet brown the beef along with the onion and pepper. Dump everything in together, mix and heat it up. (Be sure to drain the excess fat off the ground beef or just throw it all in a second pot)

mamissa3

Thanks everyone i took a couple of different recipies and mixed them together, it is cooking now and tastes and smells wonderful!!

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Wifey came home tonight with some groceries...I say what 'd ya get...She say "Stuff to make Chili for tomorrow"...I say Hooray....She made it and I've already been in it....Got caught too....Good too.. :razz: Anybody want a sample?

cege

desertrat said:
If you've never made it before those seasoning packettes are not bad. Pretty sure they have different heat levels.
But Kyles sounds real good and there would be plenty left over.

I use the french's chillo brand and it is very good. Were weird and don't had beans kids don't like the beans and to be honest I don't either. I make it a little different than what the package says because when I first started using it the directions told you to make it one way and then a few years ago they changed it.

cege said:
I use the french's chillo brand and it is very good. Were weird and don't had beans kids don't like the beans and to be honest I don't either. I make it a little different than what the package says because when I first started using it the directions told you to make it one way and then a few years ago they changed it.
I do not use beans in most chili recipes. They don't add anything flavorwise and I believe they were just used as a cheap way to stretch the recipes.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
desertrat said:
Dupontster said:
I need your secret for crumbling Velveeta. I've mooshed up two packs already.

I'm sorry....I led you wrong....It says to CUBE the cheese....We usually cube it and put it on top...I got my crumbling mixed up with my cubin.... :doh:

W

Wenchy

Dupontster said:
desertrat said:
I'm sorry....I led you wrong....It says to CUBE the cheese....We usually cube it and put it on top...I got my crumbling mixed up with my cubin.... :doh:

Speaking of, why is there no cumin in the recipe?

cege

desertrat said:
I do not use beans in most chili recipes. They don't add anything flavorwise and I believe they were just used as a cheap way to stretch the recipes.

Thats good to hear because most people think I'm weird when I say I don't add beans.