Chinchilla wanted

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
You do know what's going to happen if you put a girl chin in the same cage as the boy chin... dontchu...:eyebrow: Is your daughter going to make her own coat?

She'll have more Chins than a Chinese phone book. :shrug:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
RoseRed said:
She'll have more Chins than a Chinese phone book. :shrug:

I don't think they multiply like rabbits and I think they usually only have one or two kits, so no chinese phone book. If I find out otherwise then I guess one will have to be fixed.

SouthernMdRocks

Mousebaby said:
I'm thinking Christy may say yes because she has one on order with me as soon as my momma produces. If you can help her out now it would probably be great! :howdy:

How many times yearly do chins reproduce. I can't remember. :eyebrow:

M

Mousebaby

They can reproduce the day she gives birth. Their gestation is 111 days. So if you don't want anymore babies after the first one is made, you better take her out before she gives birth! They don't reproduce like rabbits, but they sure do try to keep up! :lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
kwillia said:
You do know what's going to happen if you put a girl chin in the same cage as the boy chin... dontchu...:eyebrow: Is your daughter going to make her own coat?
Or her own pair of these? :eyebrow:

Christy

b*tch rocket
SouthernMdRocks said:
We tried to put them together and it isn't going to work so to find him a good home is what I'm hoping for. If that doesn't pan out then he stays.

Where did you get him? Is he friendly or is he skittish? I may be interested. Not sure though, have to run it by the rest of the family.

Chasey_Lane said:
And why is this under 'farm animals?' Are chilla's really considered farm animals? :confused:
My uncle raised them in the 70's and early 80's in his garage as a cash crop. Do they taste like chicken?

SouthernMdRocks

Christy said:
Where did you get him? Is he friendly or is he skittish? I may be interested. Not sure though, have to run it by the rest of the family.

We got him from a family who had a breeding pair. He's not the type so far that likes to be held, but once you are holding him he really doesn't seem to mind. He hasn't bitten me but he has made the don't bother me noise they can make. With him being young, I'm thinking with lots of attention he may come around to not minding being handled.