Chinese military buildup...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It could turn into a Nuclear problem. Another thing I worry about is the electro-magnetic thing when Atomic bombs go off.
Are our weapons hardened against that, and what if the GPS satellite is destroyed can our ships and planes operate without GPS?
Just some things to think about.

meteor of death 2.jpg

glhs837

Power with Control
As someone who has been helping design, build and commission warships for over 30 years..yeah..I get that. From what I've seen, they've got some superb C4N and weapon systems, something we've not exactly been cracking on developing many of in recent decade-plus. My point was more focused on the notion many people have that everything the Chinese built is "crappy" by nature. It isn't. Seened it wit my own two eyeballs.

I dont mean "crappy" per se. I mean built to make it through the fire and keep fighting. Sometimes we look bad because what we field doesn't have full initial capability and people get wrapped up in testing results, but never go back and see what happened after testing. The mature systems, what our people do with them, end up amazing most folks later on. I'm not sure others test and develop with the same rigor......... in which case, when the SHTF, thats a bad time to find out you should have suffered more pain in aquisition.

DannyMotorcycle

Agreed, no worries here either.. i hear china is having economic problems.. and that's what countries tend to do when they have money problems..

the fact that we can nuke the whole country several times over gives me confidence they have no intentions of coming here.. that and we owe them a lot of money..

kinda don't want to kill people who owe you money, and hell patronize you and give you money.. that'd be kinda' dumb... so yea' no worries at all...

and if there's any president whom they know not to mess with, it would be this one.

glhs837

Power with Control
Like.....the LCS, for example? :doh:

Cdr. Sal has always claimed that acronym stands for "Little Crappy Ship".

He's not wrong. Technical issues aside if your definition of jack of all trades doesn't include the main trade in your craft, engaging in fleet combat, but instead lists a bunch of what are essentially side missions, then your outcome is not going to be awesome. Add in that decades belief that just stroking a check with some specs in your hand would make everything turn out all right meant trouble.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/weapons/RL33741.pdf

In discussing its force-level goals and 30-year shipbuilding plans, the Navy organizes its surface combatants into large surface combatants (LSCs), meaning the Navy’s cruisers and destroyers, and small surface combatants (SSCs), meaning the Navy’s frigates, Littoral Combat Ships, mine warfare ships, and patrol craft.2 SSCs are smaller, less capable in some respects, and individually less expensive to procure, operate, and support than LSCs. SSCs can operate in conjunction with
LSCs and other Navy ships, particularly in higher-threat operating environments,
or independently, particularly in lower-threat operating environments.

Seems like someone didn't read the SSC definition all that well.

Hijinx

There is a story of a guy who hangs around the store and begs for money.
A guy came out and he begged for money and the guy gives him $10.00

One of the people hanging around asked him why he gave $10.00, and the fellow said that guy won't bother me anymore, he will be afraid to ask for more thinking I would want my $10.00 back.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
He's not wrong. Technical issues aside if your definition of jack of all trades doesn't include the main trade in your craft, engaging in fleet combat, but instead lists a bunch of what are essentially side missions, then your outcome is not going to be awesome. Add in that decades belief that just stroking a check with some specs in your hand would make everything turn out all right meant trouble.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/weapons/RL33741.pdf.

Seems like someone didn't read the SSC definition all that well.
. And at the end of the day, now the navy is attempting to simply deploy LCS as conventional big gray assets are. With miserable results..or none at all..to date.