Chiraq - Democratic Malfeasance and Mismanagement

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Chicago mayor-elect condemns 'Teen Takeover' chaos, but says it's 'not constructive to demonize youth'

Two teenage males, ages 16 and 17, were shot while standing in a crowd during the mayhem on Saturday night, as hundreds of young people smashed cars, blocked traffic, and fought in the streets. Both victims were transported to a hospital and listed in fair condition, according to Fox 32 Chicago.

"In no way do I condone the destructive activity we saw in the Loop and lakefront this weekend. It is unacceptable and has no place in our city. However, it is not constructive to demonize youth who have otherwise been starved of opportunities in their own communities," Johnson, a progressive who defeated moderate Democrat Paul Vallas earlier this month, said in a statement on Sunday.

"Our city must work together to create spaces for youth to gather safely and responsibly, under adult guidance and supervision, to ensure that every part of our city remains welcome for both residents and visitors."

Kinnakeet

Chicago mayor-elect condemns 'Teen Takeover' chaos, but says it's 'not constructive to demonize youth'

Two teenage males, ages 16 and 17, were shot while standing in a crowd during the mayhem on Saturday night, as hundreds of young people smashed cars, blocked traffic, and fought in the streets. Both victims were transported to a hospital and listed in fair condition, according to Fox 32 Chicago.

"In no way do I condone the destructive activity we saw in the Loop and lakefront this weekend. It is unacceptable and has no place in our city. However, it is not constructive to demonize youth who have otherwise been starved of opportunities in their own communities," Johnson, a progressive who defeated moderate Democrat Paul Vallas earlier this month, said in a statement on Sunday.

"Our city must work together to create spaces for youth to gather safely and responsibly, under adult guidance and supervision, to ensure that every part of our city remains welcome for both residents and visitors."
Most if not all are nothing but ghetto NEGRO's and have no hope to make it in the world as evolution has passed them by

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Woman Who Rescued Chicago Couple Attacked by Mob of Teens 'Floored' by What Cop Told Her

“I literally went out in the street and held my hands up to a police car and asked them to stop and motioned them over to what was going on, and they just cut a path around me and just kept going,” said Dennis, who took the bloodied and bruised Garrisson-Johnson and Knutson to the police station to file a report.

She said she was “floored” by what one officer told her.

“I got told by the desk sergeant that this was going to happen and that this was going to keep happening because Brandon Johnson got elected [mayor],” she said.

The couple was taken to the hospital but did not have phones, wallets, or shoes, all of which were stolen during the incident.

• Sad
Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

^^^^^ Exactly. They saw white and he got in the way.
Rilla's running wild in Chicago and it's going to be a long hot dry summer in a lot of democrat cities.

The Police failed to protect, but in reality should they have just added their number to the count of victims.?
They were largely outnumbered and if they had used their weapons they would probably end up in jail.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Pro-Sanctuary City Mayor Lori Lightfoot Begs Texas One Last Time To Stop Sending Illegal Aliens

“Since we began responding to the arrival of migrants sent by your delegation in August 2022, we have shouldered the responsibility of caring for more than 8,000 men, women, and children with no resources of their own,” she said in the letter. “That number continues to grow.”

Now, she says there is no more room in her city.

“Chicago is a Welcoming City and we collaborate with County, State, and community partners to rise to this challenge, but your lack of consideration or coordination in an attempt to cause chaos and score political points has resulted in a critical tipping point in our ability to receive individuals and families in a safe, orderly, and dignified way,” she said in the letter. “We simply have no more shelters, spaces, or resources to accommodate an increase of individuals at this level, with little coordination or care, that does not pose a risk to them or others.”

SamSpade

America's third largest city is out of room.

How do you suppose the rest of the cities in the nation manage?

SamSpade

It's just increasingly hard for me to have any sympathy towards these cities, especially when they have the balls to call the whole thing a political stunt, when for months the Biden administration had been flying migrants to other cities not expecting them nor told about them - big, bustling metropolises like Chattanooga, or Des Moines, or Indianapolis. Many of these aliens moved to these cities had no idea where they were going - unlike those who were sent to Martha's Vineyard who agreed to go.

I mean, who WOULDN'T want to move to a rich nation and be asked to live in one of its richest areas?

Cities near the border are being CRUSHED by waves if illegal immigrants and these mayors express no sympathy, and encourage the flow.
It IS the very definition of hypocrisy to openly welcome these to our nation - just NOT IN MY BACK YARD.

SamSpade

we are a sanctuary city, but don't you dare buss 10's of thousands of illegals to our city
THAT part, I'm not sure I fault them for that. Their rationale for a sanctuary city is something I disagree with - but they're trying to shield someone from deportation that richly deservers it. They're not calling themselves sanctuary cities because they have a policy of "whosoever will may come".

The distinction is subtle, but they adopt the posture with full knowledge that it is extremely unlikely they will be overrun with illegal aliens on the verge of deportation.

What does repulse me is the across the board condemnation of those who want to curtail or stop the flow of illegal immigrants but clearly have no intention of having to deal with it PERSONALLY. I'm struggling to remember where I read this morning about a public figure who ALL FOR the looting of stores in Chicago as a sign of something or another, but DREW THE LINE WHEN IT AFFECTED *HIM*.

It's easy to defend stuff when someone ELSE has to deal with the consequences.