Chopticon teacher on a week +++cruise???

NoName

no, basic math says that if two people make 35K a year, they are making the same amount. I think what you MEANT to say is that by your calculations (which just about everyone disagrees with) the teacher makes more per contractual hour than the "average" joe.

Ok i'll give you that, but then when you start out 600 hours less (contractually by hour) than the average joe, until you work 600 hours more you are making more per hour than the average joe. but dont forget to also take into account that average joe is working more hours too.

Gwydion

PS. Take Leeroy Jenkins out of your signature. Your making me feel like a moron for seeing that we have something in common. And your linux avatar. I doubt you knew how to spell linux prior to me posting this.

(Ok pcjohnnyb, here we go) :)

Xaquin44

PS. Take Leeroy Jenkins out of your signature. Your making me feel like a moron for seeing that we have something in common. And your linux avatar. I doubt you knew how to spell linux prior to me posting this.

I agree

I almost feel dirty for having played WoW now.

NoName

Ok i'll jump right on that, you hold your breath now ya hear?

Gwydion

Ok i'll give you that, but then when you start out 600 hours less (contractually by hour) than the average joe, until you work 600 hours more you are making more per hour than the average joe. but dont forget to also take into account that average joe is working more hours too.

There you go. See, that made sense. Yes, this is a true statement.

So...what you are saying is...teachers are smart for seeing their capped earning potential at 35k, and instead of taking a job that works them for a longer period of time, they opted to be smart and get a job which gives them off a few months a year?

I don't see the problem.

BTW - May I inquire upon your own salary?

terbear1225

you know, i'd really like to know just wo this "average joe" you keep referring to is. what job does he do? what type of degree does he have? every person I know that has a college degree #1 makes more than a teacher with the same number of years on the job. #2 gets paid overtime or earns extra leave for their time off.

Gwydion

Ok i'll jump right on that, you hold your breath now ya hear?

Good, because I am calculating your attempt at winning this thread to be about thirty three point 3 percent, with the three repeating.

No. WTF, you are a failure, get back in your van and park it by a river. Release the brake and let the world slowly fade away.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Good, because I am calculating your attempt at winning this thread to be about thirty three point 3 percent, with the three repeating.

No. WTF, you are a failure, get back in your van and park it by a river. Release the brake and let the world slowly fade away.
:roflmao:

bohman

I am going to hate myself for jumping back into this cluster-eff...but here goes.

Teachers salary is based on 1425 hours work (but may work more) - Average Joe employee salary is based on 2080 hours work (but may work more).

I bolded the part that invalidates pretty much everything you've said. The teacher WILL work more than your 1425 figure. The only exception to that is likely to be a teacher who has decided that line of work isn't for them, and has mentally said, "Eff it, I'm not doing this anymore." They won't be in their position too much longer, or they are counting the days to retirement.

You are making that implication. All i've EVER stated was the $40,000 a teacher makes is actually a greater wage than the $40,000 the average joe employee makes. Nowhere did i say they didnt work hard (actually i've said the opposite).

Your incorrect info on the amount of hours that they will work does imply that teachers aren't working hard enough for their money, whether that was your intention or not. I'll give you the benefit of a doubt, and assume that you were just mistaken and not actively deriding a hard-working group of professionals.

Yep, I was right, I do hate myself for jumping in here again. :yay: I'll take the opportunity to remind everyone that I said I wasn't going to do that, just so you don't have to do it for me...

Gwydion

Chopticon teacher on a... 02-05-2008 04:06 PM It was funny on Saturday Night live, its weak 15 years later - Noname
rofl. ok..

LEEEROY JENNNNNKINS!
That was funny on youtube, its weak 2 years later.

Just give up dude and go beat off to a blood elf. Here. take this.
semuniapvp.JPG

That was takin a few hours ago. enjoy.

P.S. Bohman, from your signature, you wouldn't happen to be a member of Ponded, would you?

kmw1123

I didn't check to see if anyone posted this, but as far as snow days go in St. Mary's, they build five "snow days" into the calendar. This means that even though it says students get out on June 12 or 13, if we do not miss any school because of whether, then we would get out on June 5. For each day that we miss because of snow, that is one more day that we have to work. If we miss more than five, then that is more time tacked onto the end of the year.

bohman

P.S. Bohman, from your signature, you wouldn't happen to be a member of Ponded, would you?

Um, I don't think so? During my time at SMC I did throw a couple people in a pond, but I don't think there's an official organization for that. :lmao:

Gwydion

Um, I don't think so? During my time at SMC I did throw a couple people in a pond, but I don't think there's an official organization for that. :lmao:

Ah, ok. There was a band at SMCM named Ponded and they had a song called "Land of Pleasant living" Just curious.

bohman

Ah, ok. There was a band at SMCM named Ponded and they had a song called "Land of Pleasant living" Just curious.

That sounds vaguely familiar. I think I graduated near the time you started, though, so we probably don't know many of the same people.

As for the sig, and the av, I just appreciate the Natty Boh. Some people live in the past and pretend it's still brewed by National in MD. Not that I'd know anything about that. :whistle: