R

RadioPatrol

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55392

Congress working to create penalties for non-PC views
Posted: April 26, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

A fast-tracked congressional plan to add special protections for homosexuals to federal law would turn "thoughts, feelings, and beliefs" into criminal offenses and put Christians in the bull's-eye, according to opponents.

"H.R. 1592 is a discriminatory measure that criminalizes thoughts, feelings, and beliefs [and] has the potential of interfering with religious liberty and freedom of speech," according to a white paper submitted by Glen Lavy, of the Alliance Defense Fund.

"As James Jacobs and Kimberly Potter observed in Hate Crimes, Criminal Law, and Identity Politics, 'It would appear that the only additional purpose [for enhancing punishment of bias crimes] is to provide extra punishment based on the offender's politically incorrect opinions and viewpoints,'" said Lavy.

The proposal has been endorsed by majority Democrats on the committee, and already has 137 sponsors in the full House, making it possible it could be voted on in a matter of days or weeks.

Here come the thought police ..... :elaine:

:whistle:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
RadioPatrol said:
You really have to go to a less slanted site some time. H.R. 1592 allows the feds to assist local governments with hate crime prosecutions. If world net daily feel that they are in the bulls eye, it's probably a case of guilty conscience.
SUMMARY AS OF:
3/20/2007--Introduced.
Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2007 - Authorizes the Attorney General to provide technical, forensic, prosecutorial, or other assistance in the criminal investigation or prosecution of any crime that: (1) constitutes a crime of violence under federal law or a felony under state, local, or Indian tribal law; and (2) is motivated by prejudice based on the actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability of the victim or is a violation of the state, local, or tribal hate crime laws. Directs the Attorney General to give priority for assistance to crimes committed by offenders who have committed crimes in more than one state and to rural jurisdictions that have difficulty covering the extraordinary investigation or prosecution expenses.

Authorizes the Attorney General to award grants to assist state, local, and Indian law enforcement agencies with such extraordinary expenses. Directs the Office of Justice Programs to: (1) work closely with funded jurisdictions to ensure that the concerns and needs of all affected parties are addressed; and (2) award grants to state and local programs designed to combat hate crimes committed by juveniles.

Amends the federal criminal code to prohibit willfully causing bodily injury to any person because of the actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability of such person.

Amends the Hate Crimes Statistics Act to expand data collection and reporting requirements under such Act to include: (1) crimes manifesting prejudice based on gender and gender identity; and (2) hate crimes committed by and against juveniles.

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
There is no such thing as a hate crime. What? Some crimes are done out of love? :bs: Hate crime legislation is just a way of pushing an agenda.

The federal government is too pervasive in the lives of citizens now, and it gets worse every year. I love what this country was intended to be; I hate what it is becoming. The founders were right to suspect that the government they were founding would outlast its purpose. The tyrannical elite in Washington usurp more powers from the states and the citizens and the average person doesn't even realize or is too self absorbed or ignorant to care.

JPC sr

James P. Cusick Sr.
JPC sr EXTRODIANIRE.

RadioPatrol said:
:yay: It is no thought police, it is violence police.

And that it would seem to be aimed against Christians is because Chistians have taken the front role in denouncing homosexuality and the Christian position goes against what the Bible says.

Click here for a Bible reference link that tells the true position that Christians ignore.

Right there the Bible states that it is God that turned women into lesbians and God turned men into homosexuals.

So Christians are intolerant of God's own doings, and so the Christians are wrong.

If God gives homosexuals that as a punishment then we have no business trying to interfere with the commands of God but that is what Christians do.

The Bible says that God did it, and rightly so.
:shrug: ......................................... :nono:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
JPC sr said:
And that it would seem to be aimed against Christians is because Chistians have taken the front role in denouncing homosexuality and the Christian position goes against what the Bible says.
Click here for a Bible reference link that tells the true position that Christians ignore.
Right there the Bible states that it is God that turned women into lesbians and God turned men into homosexuals.
So Christians are intolerant of God's own doings, and so the Christians are wrong.
If God gives homosexuals that as a punishment then we have no business trying to interfere with the commands of God but that is what Christians do.
WHOA pal! You have 3 strikes against you and now I see why.
1) You're ABSOLUTELY INCAPABLE of interpreting the Bible so please stop trying.
2) You're a democrat-(America's enemy within)
3) You're spreading a lie against God, the Bible & Christians and that is dangerous!
That is NOT what that passage means! It simply means that God told the people to stop that sinful lifestyle and they chose not to, so He allowed them (by their own free will), to continue in it and later face their own destruction (judgment). No more, no less. DON'T you ever say that God is OK with homosexuality! He cares about them very much, as we Christians do, but He will not tolerate their lifestyles just as we do not. Then, at least finish the passage where it says in vs 32 "although they KNOW God's righteous decrees that those who who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these things, but also approve of those who practice them". It doesn't surprise me that the hate speech issue, which is not allowed in Canada, will eventually bleed down to America because of liberals like JPC! Wise up my friend! NO ONE who speaks against God EVER wins. TREAD carefully!

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
bleh, unless they're in a muslim country, Christians aren't ever the victims of hate crimes.

ptbrien

Livin' for the Dream
Bull!

Ever hear of people getting crosses burned on their lawn. Christians still get persecuted (not thrown to the lions) for believing in God, Jesus and the Bible. The media doesn't want to show it. Oh wait, if it's not it in the (bleedingheartliberalpinkocommie) media, then it must not exist! :lalala:

AndyMarquisLIVE

ItalianScallion said:
WHOA pal! You have 3 strikes against you and now I see why.
1) You're ABSOLUTELY INCAPABLE of interpreting the Bible so please stop trying.
2) You're a democrat-(America's enemy within)
3) You're spreading a lie against God, the Bible & Christians and that is dangerous!
That is NOT what that passage means! It simply means that God told the people to stop that sinful lifestyle and they chose not to, so He allowed them (by their own free will), to continue in it and later face their own destruction (judgment). No more, no less. DON'T you ever say that God is OK with homosexuality! He cares about them very much, as we Christians do, but He will not tolerate their lifestyles just as we do not. Then, at least finish the passage where it says in vs 32 "although they KNOW God's righteous decrees that those who who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these things, but also approve of those who practice them". It doesn't surprise me that the hate speech issue, which is not allowed in Canada, will eventually bleed down to America because of liberals like JPC! Wise up my friend! NO ONE who speaks against God EVER wins. TREAD carefully!
You're an idiot.

C

czygvtwkr

So is it better to kill someone just to steal their wallet than it is to kill them because you don't like whatever minority they are? Either way they are dead.

JPC sr

James P. Cusick Sr.
JPC sr EXTRODIANIRE.

ItalianScallion said:
That is NOT what that passage means! It simply means that God told the people to stop that sinful lifestyle and they chose not to, so He allowed them (by their own free will), to continue in it and later face their own destruction (judgment). No more, no less. DON'T you ever say that God is OK with homosexuality! He cares about them very much, as we Christians do, but He will not tolerate their lifestyles just as we do not. Then, at least finish the passage where it says in vs 32 "although they KNOW God's righteous decrees that those who who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these things, but also approve of those who practice them".
:yay: I know that many Christians interpret those passages that way above but that is not what the Bible says.

It is true that people know what they are doing and they do have the choice of repentance but the Bible states in fact that God turned them over to their lust.

I see it the same as going to jail, because it is said that the criminals put themselves into the jail by committing the crime, but it is the jail keeper that locks that door, and God put the homosexual into a kind of jail and by repentance they can get free.

Vince

2ndAmendment said:
There is no such thing as a hate crime. What? Some crimes are done out of love? :bs: Hate crime legislation is just a way of pushing an agenda.

The federal government is too pervasive in the lives of citizens now, and it gets worse every year. I love what this country was intended to be; I hate what it is becoming. The founders were right to suspect that the government they were founding would outlast its purpose. The tyrannical elite in Washington usurp more powers from the states and the citizens and the average person doesn't even realize or is too self absorbed or ignorant to care.
:yeahthat: People will go about their business and laws will be passed. By the time they find out what laws were passed and how it affects them, it'll be too late.

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
err, It's usually Christians burning the crosses on people's lawns, not muslims, jews, buddists, what-have-you. They typically belong to the KKK, but I wouldn't expect a holy roller like yourself to know this.

ptbrien said:
Ever hear of people getting crosses burned on their lawn. Christians still get persecuted (not thrown to the lions) for believing in God, Jesus and the Bible. The media doesn't want to show it. Oh wait, if it's not it in the (bleedingheartliberalpinkocommie) media, then it must not exist! :lalala:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
JPC sr said:
Above, you said that God did it and below, you said that criminals put themselves into the jail. WHY DO YOU DOUBLETALK? It can't be both ways.
JPC sr said:
The bible states in fact that God turned them over to their lust. It is said that the criminals put themselves into the jail by committing the crime...and God put the homosexual into a kind of jail and by repentance they can get free.
God is simply the driver. Each of us individually chooses our actions. God gives us all a way out and it's up to us to choose. Jesus healed many people of their sicknesses & handicaps because they didn't choose to be that way. He destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah AFTER giving them a chance to come out of that lifestyle. They wouldn't! If it was something they were born with, He would have cured them, but since it was their choice, He destroyed them. OK? I'm simply telling you that God DIDN'T make them that way.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
You're an idiot.
Really? Since you NOW have been asked twice, you might just consider explaining why you feel this way about me. I disagree with people on this forum but I don't resort to denigrating them. I simply state what I disagree with and why.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
forestal said:
bleh, unless they're in a muslim country, Christians aren't ever the victims of hate crimes.
We are being severely silenced by many hate groups including the democrats. In Canada they can't even talk about homosexuality. If Pelosi and the ACLU has their way, we won't even be able to say anything about God or sin ANYWHERE in the USA! We consider this a hate crime but our "leaders" don't. And please, DO NOT CALL THE KKK a Christian group!

JPC sr

James P. Cusick Sr.
JPC sr EXTRODIANIRE.

ItalianScallion said:
Above, you said that God did it and below, you said that criminals put themselves into the jail. WHY DO YOU DOUBLETALK? It can't be both ways.
:yay: Yes it can be both ways. God does His part and we do our part. It is as a two edged sword that cuts both ways.
ItalianScallion said:
God is simply the driver. Each of us individually chooses our actions. God gives us all a way out and it's up to us to choose.
:yay: There it is, a two way sword, it cuts both ways, it works both ways. God does His part and mankind does their parts.
ItalianScallion said:
Jesus healed many people of their sicknesses & handicaps because they didn't choose to be that way. He destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah AFTER giving them a chance to come out of that lifestyle. They wouldn't! If it was something they were born with, He would have cured them, but since it was their choice, He destroyed them.
:yay: That is it again, people chose their way and God acted in His way. A person does wrong and God heals them anyway, and another person does right and God gives them hardships anyway. He gave Jesus the hardest of hardships. That is the way the system works. Being a deciple means to get greater trials and to be a sinner means to receive hardships. A two edged sword that cuts both ways. Amen.
ItalianScallion said:
OK? I'm simply telling you that God DIDN'T make them that way.
:yay: That is correct that people are not created as homosexuals and they choose that lifestyle but God created people with that capacity and God puts the swine into the pens where they belong.

AndyMarquisLIVE

ItalianScallion said:
Really? Since you NOW have been asked twice, you might just consider explaining why you feel this way about me. I disagree with people on this forum but I don't resort to denigrating them. I simply state what I disagree with and why.
You're comments of the enemy within show extremism, the very same thing we're fighting against. As a Democrat, and one who has supported the surge and one who wants to see a strong America, I resented those comments. But, people like you take what forestool and JPC post and see that as the thoughts of most liberals, instead of actually listening to Democrats with an open mind. You brought up some good points about the bible, but I was already turned off to what you have to say on here with that enemy within remark.