Christmas Already

Tri

Thank you, come again.
buck said:
How many people think it's too early for retailers to put up christmas stuff?
Definitely too, they should at least wait until after halloween.

PJay

buck said:

(Raising hand) It's crazy!!

I live in South Georgia. I still have lawn and gardening on my mind, but now where lawn and gardening stuff once was is now taken over with Christmas trees. :mad:

The weather will remain warm for sometime to come for us here..sweaters and coats line the racks the smell of mildew stinks up the stores :mad: :mad:

I have always loved the holiday season, but seriously getting turned off now.

BuddyLee

Football addict
buck said:
Companies like ordering in bulk, they save more this way. If my store or any other were to put out the Halloween candy a month or even a month and a half before Halloween we'd be stuck with a ton of Halloween candy. Now then, would you rather have your display out way in advance and sell more product or would you rather put it out a mere month before the holiday and get stuck with half of it?

PJay

Bolognie!

I do not believe stores get stuck with half of it. I don't even see the stuff going off the shelves till the eve of what ever holiday it happens to be.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Homesick said:
Bolognie!

I do not believe stores get stuck with half of it. I don't even see the stuff going off the shelves till the eve of what ever holiday it happens to be.
Have you worked in a chain retail store in the past five years?:lol:

V

Vixen

Hard to believe Christmas is just a mere 2 months away. :yikes:

This year went by fast.

I don't even start Christmas shopping until November. Last year, I was just about done before Thanksgiving.

PJay

ah, well...no, and I knew you'd come back with that.

Seriously though....Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day..all jammed in the stores at once??

Every year at the rate it's been going, as far as retailers stocking their stores early, soon stores will be stocked for the holidays in June.

Stop it! :smile:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Homesick said:
ah, well...no, and I knew you'd come back with that.

Seriously though....Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day..all jammed in the stores at once??

Every year at the rate it's been going, as far as retailers stocking their stores early, soon stores will be stocked for the holidays in June.

Stop it! :smile:
I agree but the profits do not. I'd be willing to bet that at the beginning of October we've sold about half our initial stock of Halloween goods.