Christmas and Grown kids

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
he doesnt feel like coming for christmas:buttkick:

And this is a problem? Who wants a spoiled rotton brat at christmas to put up with when they dont get thier way. Sounds to me like you got lucky. Say hooray :yahoo: and go about your holiday.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What do you get your grown kid, who no longer lives at home?
I got him a gift card to Target, he emailed me a list of TV Series DVD which I will not buy, watch the reruns. So he proceeds to tell me that ok...for the gift card and anything else I would like to give (yep selfish) I tell him that he better get his sister (6) and brother (9) gifts in the mail asap. He says he wasn't planning on sending anything. My wife is so ticked at him and I am too he expects everyone to buy him things but doesn't want to return the "gesture"...the bothers mother (my ex) isn't sending anything...she said F-him...he sent her a list of things a mile long and when she told him that she couldn't afford all that, he had a screaming fit and hung up...yes immature.

What would you do? I already sent the card with the gift card and really have no problem with that but extra??? He was the only child for many years and was spoiled rotten, our fault for sure....

Didn't we already discuss this kid when it was his birthday?

ImnoMensa

Just another reason for Christmas depressions.

So many people hate Christmas and its really easy to understand when you have kids like this.

Get them some mistletoe and when they ask why tell them that mistletoe is a parasite-----like you.

Plan B

So many people hate Christmas and its really easy to understand when you have kids like this.
Get them some mistletoe and when they ask why tell them that mistletoe is a parasite-----like you.

2x^

I do not know why grown folks exchange gifts.
It leads to trouble more often than it is worth.
If you are grown, and need or want gifts (except females from significant others), you need to take stock of what is meaningful to you.

sockgirl77

:jet:

:lmao:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
What do you get your grown kid, who no longer lives at home?
I got him a gift card to Target, he emailed me a list of TV Series DVD which I will not buy, watch the reruns. So he proceeds to tell me that ok...for the gift card and anything else I would like to give (yep selfish) I tell him that he better get his sister (6) and brother (9) gifts in the mail asap. He says he wasn't planning on sending anything. My wife is so ticked at him and I am too he expects everyone to buy him things but doesn't want to return the "gesture"...the bothers mother (my ex) isn't sending anything...she said F-him...he sent her a list of things a mile long and when she told him that she couldn't afford all that, he had a screaming fit and hung up...yes immature.

What would you do? I already sent the card with the gift card and really have no problem with that but extra??? He was the only child for many years and was spoiled rotten, our fault for sure....

If you'd take a lesson from the ex you wouldn't need to ask anymore. His selfishness is very ugly yet you continue to feed it.

Plan B

And there being an 'Ex-' is often how they get that way; misbehave for attention, which is deminished after a divorce.
When you divorce, you and yr children loose something you can never regain...

sinwagon

I have a 19 year old son who lives at home but who says "I don't want anything mom" but ofcourse I will get him stuff but both of my kids are very grateful (19 & 13).

My son works everyday and after paying his car payment and his car insurance he has very little left and this year he even has to come up with $1000 for his insurance deductible due to hitting some uneven pavement and messing up his car and he still went out and bought for us. We always tell him "don't spend alot" and he does pretty good and this is the FIRST year he can actually buy for us and he is more excited about giving us stuff than he is getting stuff.

stylin

This is my first post. I have been a lurker for a long time. I think I know this person who is posting. He is a good man to his kids and wife and even ex wife.

His kid is a POS!!! and I wouldn't send him a dime and wouldn't let him in my home. He is a loser! I know this mans wife and she tried to raise this kid (21 - if this is the same person) and he was horrible and difficult, not a trouble kid, stealing and such, just and ungrateful lazy kid.

If this is who I think it is.....F-HIM...DO NOT SEND HIM A DIME, BUT YOU ALREADY HAVE, BET HE DOESN'T EVEN CALL YOU.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
2x^

I do not know why grown folks exchange gifts.
It leads to trouble more often than it is worth.
If you are grown, and need or want gifts (except females from significant others), you need to take stock of what is meaningful to you.

What a SCROOGE you are. I love to buy my friends gifts at xmas. It makes me feel good and if I did it right, it makes them feel good also when they see how much thought I put into giving just the perfect gift. Now go bah humbug somewhere else.

Last edited:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Thats why my grandkids all get savings bonds for their birthdays & Christmas.

I've been doing this since they were born. Someday they will be handed a big pile of bonds and they will be very happy!

My grandma did that for me, and although I didn't think much of it as a kid I really did appreciate it when it came time to pay for college. Grandmas who give savings bonds rock! :huggy:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
This is my first post. I have been a lurker for a long time. I think I know this person who is posting. He is a good man to his kids and wife and even ex wife.

His kid is a POS!!! and I wouldn't send him a dime and wouldn't let him in my home. He is a loser! I know this mans wife and she tried to raise this kid (21 - if this is the same person) and he was horrible and difficult, not a trouble kid, stealing and such, just and ungrateful lazy kid.

If this is who I think it is.....F-HIM...DO NOT SEND HIM A DIME, BUT YOU ALREADY HAVE, BET HE DOESN'T EVEN CALL YOU.

:popcorn:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
My grandma did that for me, and although I didn't think much of it as a kid I really did appreciate it when it came time to pay for college. Grandmas who give savings bonds rock! :huggy:
Used my savings bonds from grandma towards a down-payment on our first house. They were the old series bonds, not the ones that are tax deductible for college. As old as they were, they were worth close to 3 times the face value, plus the home builder had this first-time buyer incentive that if we could show an accumulation of certain amount of savings to apply towards settlement, they would match it. The money from the bonds went into that account, so the money doubled again. :yay:

Plan B

What a SCROOGE you are. I love to buy my friends gifts at xmas. It makes me feel good and if I did it right, it makes them feel good also when they see how much thought I put into giving just the perfect gift. Now go bah humbug somewhere else.

For most adults, the upside you cite rarely mitigates the stress and uselessness, unless it is for a lover.
Bah.