Christmas Tree

GregV814

my neighbor has too many pine trees come by at about 1130pm and help yourself. I have poured clorox on most of them.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Does anyone around here sell Christmas trees complete with rootballs?

Trees that have been cut down don't seem to be too "live" to me...

Most nurseries do. I've gotten them from The Greenery but the best selection I've found is at Homestead Gardens. My favorite is the Oriental Spruce and the one that was planted years ago is now about 25 feet tall.

Be aware that you should only keep the tree in the house for 3 to 5 days and that it is very heavy. Dig the hole you're going to plant it in NOW while the ground is not frozen, then fill with sawdust. After being inside, acclimate the tree for a few days in a sheltered area like a garage, then plant as you normally would any other tree.

nagsheadgirl

We got our tree from Stepping Stone yesterday in mechanicsville near Milts chainsaws. Beautiful trees from NC I think. They are doing something with the St. Mary's County and Charles County Shop with a Cop program. Something like $10 of every tree sold goes to those charities. Big, full and tall trees. Good Luck.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Keep an eye on your pine trees, some cheap bastards will cut the top right off of them.

My parents lived in downtown Manchester NH and had two BEAUTIFUL blue Spruce in their front yard, both over 15 or 20 feet tall. Lost the top 6 or 7 feet of both of them. Now they live in the boonies, boonier than where we live.. and no more vandalism..

I think tomorrow I'll go down into the basement, find the 2' tall ceramic tree, painfully drag it upstairs, put it on the table and plug it in.

Christmas Done.