Circus - No fun for animals

tiltedangel

The Clyde Beatty-Cole Bros. Circus is coming to Leonardtown  April 29th and 30th. #Please help to stop this from happening!

The Cole Bros. Circus has consistantly failed to meet minimum federal standards for the care of animals used in exhibition as established in the Animal Welfare Act. #:angry: # #There are more than twenty documented cases of neglect and cruelty against the circus... #Many communities have banned live animal acts, and St. Mary's County should be one of them. #

Animals do not naturally ride bicycles, stand on their heads, balance on balls, or jump through rings of fire.... #to force them to do these cruel acts the "trainers" use various tools such as whips, electric shock, muzzles and bullhooks, (to name a few). #

Please take a stand against the circus!!! #

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

Not all animals are abused as you say...and the circus is that is coming doesn't have the elephants and things anymore they have not had in years because of people that put up things like this post...and have nothing better to do with their time...I hate groups that think of idiotic things to protest! get a freakin life!

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Does anyone know how long the circus lasts? Thinking of going to 7:30 tonight and just wanna know what time to expect to get home if I went.

C

citizen_fear

Does anyone know how long the circus lasts? Thinking of going to 7:30 tonight and just wanna know what time to expect to get home if I went.

Guess that would depend on where you live, how fast you drive, how much traffic is on the road and uh:doh:, what time you get home??????:doh:

Elle

Happy Camper!

Last night the 7:30 show started late (well maybe it was right on time for them but it was 7:45 according to the clock on my phone) and wasn't over until 9:30.

If you spend the money to get reserved or vip tickets - section K sucked to no end - J & L were only slightly better - at the end of the rings so no better views than General Admission plus there are props in theway the first 1/4 of the show and right before the elephants came out they raised the cannon ball net so it blocked the view.

Last edited:

Elle

Happy Camper!
BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

Not all animals are abused as you say...and the circus is that is coming doesn't have the elephants and things anymore they have not had in years because of people that put up things like this post...and have nothing better to do with their time...I hate groups that think of idiotic things to protest! get a freakin life!

Actually they do and you can ride the elephants before the show for $8 a person. They also have camels and miniature horses (also available for rides before the show and during the breaks for $5/person). There were also dogs, don't remember seeing the house cats like in the past but refer to my previous post about my obscured view..

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Guess that would depend on where you live, how fast you drive, how much traffic is on the road and uh:doh:, what time you get home??????:doh:

All I was asking is how long the circus lasts and why I wanted to know. I know you don't know how long it takes me to get home :rolleyes:

Mongo53

Cariblue, that's what I thought.  Doesn't PETA and other organizations keep a pretty close watch on these circuses?  I'd like more information as well.
If the Circus is NOT breaking the Law, then there is nothing PETA can do about it, other than protest. I don't get to shut down PETA because I don't like what they do. Nor is it right that I break the law, rules and basic fairness trying to disrupt PETA because I don't like what they do.

Just out of curiosity, how does Ringling Bros. stand up in the cruelty area?  They've been advertising on TV lately about their great advances and how well they treat their animals.  Is this just bs?
Well since you asked...

An animal rights group will pay Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus $9.3 million to settle a lawsuit the circus filed after courts found that activists paid a former circus worker for his help in claiming the circus abused elephants.

Read more: Animal rights group settles lawsuit with Ringling - The Denver Post Animal rights group settles lawsuit with Ringling - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post

mamatutu

mama to two
Well since you asked...

An animal rights group will pay Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus $9.3 million to settle a lawsuit the circus filed after courts found that activists paid a former circus worker for his help in claiming the circus abused elephants.

Read more: Animal rights group settles lawsuit with Ringling - The Denver Post Animal rights group settles lawsuit with Ringling - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post

What is the world coming to that even animal rights groups are corrupt. I am glad the court found them guilty, and Ringling was found innocent of abusing the elephants. Where is the 9.3 mil coming from; donations?